Retiring?

Rory's POV

We were released from the hospital two weeks after we woke up. We've been home for two months now. We all have healed up but have to do some rehab. I have a appointment today to check over my injuries to make sure I'm properly healed.

I woke up this morning and headed downstairs and saw the Captain in the kitchen. "How are you?" He asked concerned.

"I'm good. Find any more intel?" I asked him as I started breakfast for everyone.

"Yes. Shira and him are dating. Since that day she ran into you in the restaurant she has been plotting her revenge." He starts but I cut him off.

"Revenge? For what?" I asked bewildered.

"For you not being with her son. For her divorce. Losing her family. Losing it all." He says angrily.

"She has a few screws lose if she's blaming her problems on me." I say shaking my head.

"He did tell us that she no longer lives in Hartford but did give us all that he knows on her." He says.

"How did she even meet someone like him?" I asked him.

"From what he says they grew up together. They kept in touch through the years and whenever he was in trouble she was always there to bail him out." He says. I nod and continue cooking breakfast.

Right before breakfast was done the doorbell went off and Captain went to answer it. Shane and Finley walked into the kitchen as he left. "Mommy." They exclaim happily.

"Hi my babies." I say smiling at them as they latched onto my leg.

Finn walked in and smiled at what he saw. "Morning baby." He says kissing me softly.

"Morning hun." I say softly.

"When's your appointment?" He asked me.

"I have to leave after breakfast. I'm also doing my yearly psychical. I did my blood work and that yesterday." I say.

"I'm coming with you." Finn says.

"What about us?" Shane asked with a pout.

"The grandmas will be here with you." Finn says picking up Shane.

Finley held his arms out to me and I picked him up. "Mommy are you leaving again?" He asked me.

"No she's not. Her and her unit are on stand down for the next two years." The captain says coming into the room.

"Seriously Captain?" Tristan asked shocked.

"Yes the higher ups agree that you need time to heal and rehab. Also a vacation. The ordeal that happened to all of you. You need a break." He says smiling at us.

Shane wiggles out of Finn's arms and ran to me. "Yay mommy and uncles stay." He says excitedly hugging my leg.

"We should go on a vacation all of us." Marcus says excitedly.

"After we do our rehab." Mark says and we all nod in agreement.

We sat and ate breakfast and talked. "I have an announcement to make." Logan says.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"I've joined the family business. After what happened I want to be able to see my family and my nephews grow up. You guys are brave for doing what you do. It's my time to give it up and be here." Logan says emotionally.

"We're proud of what you guys do." My mom says and we smile at her.

I look at the guys and we all stand. "We also have an announcement." I say and my men surround me.

"What is it?" Finn asked curiously.

The Captain made his way to us. "The unit has decided when they will retire." He says with a smirk.

"When is it?" Grandpa Strobe asked curiously.

"Soon we will be thirty. We've done this for about ten years now." Mark says.

"By the time we're thirty were retiring." Tristan says.

"For the next two years they won't be deployed but will be training others. They will have one more year and then retire." The captain says looking at us proudly.

"Really mommy?" Finley asked hopeful.

"Yes baby. It's time to retire and raise our family." I say smiling at our family.

"Love why didn't you tell me?" Finn asked curiously.

"We wanted to surprise you that's why the next two years is laid back." James said.

"Your retiring also?" Robert asked shocked.

"Yes we all are." We say together.

Everyone comes and hugs us. "Sorry to break this up but I have a appointment to get to." I say.

Finn and I head out to my appointment. We arrive quickly and I checked in. A few minutes later I was called into the back. We were waiting for a few minutes then there was a knock at the door.

"Hi Rory Finn. How are you feeling?" She asked.

"I'm good. Healing sore sometimes but I've kept up with rehab." I say.

"That's good. We've gotten your blood work back." She said with a smile.

"Is something wrong?" Finn asked concerned.