A Tough Mission

Rory's POV

Time passed quickly and now we are headed out to do our mission. We're at the tarmac saying goodbye to the family. "Mommy be safe." Shane says with tears.

"Ya mama come home." Finley says crying.

I pull them close and hold them tight. "Always babies. You three are my home. I'll come back." I say with a few shed tears.

I stood up and they each held one of my legs. "Baby be safe. Come back please. I know it's dangerous more than ever just come home." Finn says emotionally.

I stroke his cheek and kiss him softly. "Always baby." I say softly.

We all wave goodbye and head towards the plane. When the captain stops us. "Come home. We'll be waiting." He says with glossy eyes. We all nod and head to the plane.

Finn's POV

We all watched as they boarded the plane. We all were worried for them like we always are. This time its different though they will be close by where Shane died. Where I could have lost the love of my life my Rory.

"Daddy mama will come back she always does." Shane's says squeezing my hand and looking up at me.

"I know she never breaks her promise to me." I say my voice laced with unshed tears.

We all stood close to watch the plane take off. "How could my mother know a man like that?" Honor says with tears.

"They will find the answers we need." The captain says.

We all left and headed out for a late lunch.

Rory's POV

I was looking over the intel that the captain gave me when someone broke the silence. "This is going to be hard isn't it?" Austin asked.

"More so than you think." I say choked up.

"What do you mean Mare?" Tristan asked.

"Where were going it's close by where Shane died and where we all got injured." I say still looking down.

"How many reporters do they have?" James asked.

"Five from what I've been told." I say. We soon fell asleep.

Finn's POV

I just put Finley and Shane to sleep. They didn't want me to leave because they were worried for their mom. I stayed with them until they passed out.

I made my way downstairs where everyone was and I made myself a drink. "There's something you guys should know." Captain Evens said seriously.

"What is it?" Nathalie asked concerned.

"This mission is going to be hard for them. Not only do they save a friend who's family but they will be near where Shane died and they all got injured." He said sadly.

"Can you tell us how dangerous the place they are going to?" My father asked curiously.

"I can but I can't give you details." He said adamant about the last part.

"Alright." Chris said. He wanted any information that he could give them.

"It's very dangerous. They are the best unit around." He says proudly and everyone nods their heads in understanding.

Rory's POV

We finally landed and headed to the base. We drop our stuff off and head to the command center to get the mission details. We were in there for a few hours.

When we finished we all went out to get some food. "After this we need to rest." I say and they all nodded.

After we all ate we rested and now we're headed to rescue the reporters. We head to our target and get in position. "Ready boys?" I ask my unit.

"Yes." They all say and we enter then hell breaks loose.

Finn's POV.

Everyone was coming over today for lunch. It's been a few days since Rory and the guys left.

I was in the kitchen getting drinks ready talking to Colin and Steph when I heard my sons scream.

I ran to them immediately. "What's wrong?" I asked concerned holding them close.

They pulled away and pointed to the tv. "Mommy." They say sobbing.

I look at the tv and what I saw my heart dropped. I pulled my boys close and shed a few tears.

Moments later the doorbell went off and Colin went to get the door. He came back with everyone.

"Finn what's wrong?" My mum asked concerned.

"Mommy." Shane said through tears as Finley pointed to the tv.

Everyone looked and gasped. "This can't be happening." Lorelei says choked up.

"I'll find out what's going on." The captain said and left the room.

A few minutes later he came back with tears. "What happened?" I asked with fear.