Mission Details

Rory's POV

I just told the guys the mission we're going on and the details that it entails. "Mare how are you going to tell them? It's going to break everyone's heart." Tristan says sadly.

"I know. He's become family. Hell they all have. It's going to be hard but I need to tell them. They should be notified. I asked Captain Evans if I could tell them." I say.

"Alright let's go then." Austin says.

We make our way to the others and Finley runs right to me. "Mommy. You missed breakfast." He says with a pout as I pick him up.

"I'm sorry honey but I needed to be informed of something important." I say as I shed a tear.

"Love what's going on?" Finn asked concerned.

"Mitchum, Elias, Honor, and Josh this involves you guys. Do you want to do it in private or here?" I asked them seriously.

"Here. Your all family." Mitchum says.

"I agree." Elias says with Honor and Josh nodding in agreement.

"It's about Logan." I say as another tear slides down my cheek.

Finley wipes it away. "Mama don't be sad." Shane says coming to me.

"What about Logan?" Colin asks with fear.

"We got some intel that reporters are being held hostage." I start but was interrupted.

"What?" Everyone shouted.

"That's not all." I say as I stand and start to pace.

"What is it?" Finnegan asked.

"Remember three years ago when Shira stopped me at brunch and she was with a man?" I asked.

"What about it?" Grandma Emily asked.

"I remember that." Grandpa Strobe says.

"The man she was with is a known terrorist." I say.

"What?" Honor says shocked.

"Seriously?" Steph says with tears.

"The man she was with is the one that has Logan and the other reporters. Their looking for more intel and also for Shira." I say.

"Shira? Why?" Josh asked.

"She was with him. Maybe she knows more. Maybe they are together. I don't know. We are going to rescue them." I say looking at everyone.

Finley and Shane comes and hugs my legs. "Mommy when you leaving?" Shane asked with tears.

I bend down to them and hug them. "In a few days baby. We're going to save uncle Logan." I say holding them tightly.

"I can't believe this." Elias says choked up.

"Eli we will bring him and all of them back safe." Mark says.

"How long?" My mom asked.

"They have been missing a few weeks." James says.

"The captain knows I told you this he gave me permission. You can't tell anyone." I say.

"Well all stay close until you guys come back." Amelia says smiling at us fondly.

"Steph can you take the little ones and get them dressed please." I asked her. She nodded and grabbed the boys.

I watched them leave and turned towards the others. My unit stood next to me. "Why did you want them out of the room?" Marcus asked.

"There's something you guys need to be warned about." Austin says.

"What is it?" Janlan asked concerned.

"Where we are going is extremely dangerous." I say.

"Just make it back to us. To home." Finn says. Our loved ones hold us close.

After we talked Finn and I went upstairs to get dressed for lunch. The moment we walked in Finn pulled me close.

"Love how dangerous is it?" He asked worriedly.

"Remember my first deployment? Why I had to leave early?" I asked him.

"Yes. That was when the seal team was hurt." He says.

"Babe where we are going is where that team was severely injured." I say sadly.

"Didn't two die?" He asked with fear. 

All I could do was nod. "Oh god." He says and pulls me close.

I could feel the tears on my shoulders. "Babe I'll come home. We all will." I say and kiss him passionately.

We finished getting ready and went to meet the others. Tristan and the guys pulled me to the side before I reached the others. "Did you tell him?" Tristan asked.

"Yes did you tell them?" I asked them.

"Yeah their worried." James said.

"They know we're the best." Austin says.

"Worst case scenario we'll be hurt." Tristan says.

"No fatalities." Mark says. I nod and we walk to the others.

Finley and Shane were at my side immediately.

I can't believe all that's happened in the last six to seven years. I enlisted at nineteen and started dating Finn. At twenty one got engaged and married. At twenty three I got pregnant with twins and we lost Shane. Now at twenty six we're going full circle to the place that was near where we lost Shane. It will be hard on us all. Hopefully everyone will come back home safe.