Shanes house

Rory's POV

A few days later I was released from the hospital. We arrived home and the guys ordered pizza for the guys and I.

I am having all the guys staying with us. Right now we need each other cause we lost one of our own and we needed each other and our family to get through the loss.

Luckily we lived in a eight bedroom house. I was walking towards the kitchen when someone knocked on the door and I went to answer it.

"Hello." I say.

"Yes I'm looking for a Rory Morgan." The man said.

"That's me. How can I help you?" I asked curious.

"I have a Shane Mills personal belongings from Iraq. As you are his next of kin we're here to deliver it." He says politely. I nod.

"You can bring it into the living room." I say and show them the way.

They bring in his case and I sit in front of it and I unlock it. O slowly open it and there were pictures taped on the inside of the lid. A bunch was of of Tristan and I growing up and some of the unit. Also attached was a white envelope with my name on it. I grabbed it and sat there staring at it as I cried.

Tristan heard me and he immediately came to me. "Mare what's wrong?" He asked concerned.

"They dropped off Shane's stuff. Look." I say and point to the pictures. Tristan looks at me and holds me close.

"Mare what's in your hands?" He asked curious.

"It's a letter from Shane." I said and he nodded pulling me closer.

A few minutes later Finn, Colin, James, and Robert came back from picking up the food. They saw Tristan and I crying on the floor and came straight to us.

"Baby what's wrong?" Finn asked concerned as he kneeled down next to us.

"They dropped Shane's stuff off." James said before I could answer. He looked at what we saw and shed a few tears himself.

He sat beside me and pulled me into his lap.

"He wrote me letter." I say tearfully.

"Read it. He'll want you to." James said his voice choking up.

I stood up and grabbed Finn and then we walked to our room. I sat on the bed and Finn joined me as he wrapped his arms around me.

My dearest Rory

You gave me something I never thought I could have again. You gave me a family. Your a niece to me and I am so proud of you for joining the military and became a seal. The Captain put you guys in my unit because he knew how much you guys meant to me especially you. I watched you grow up and I trained you. You gave me the greatest gift of all. You gave me a piece of your heart and you let me in. I will forever be grateful for that. If your reading this it means that I am gone. When you have children be sure to tell them that if I was alive I would have loved them just like I love you Rory. Don't mourn to long for me please and tell the unit also. Live life and live it to its fullest. I'll be watching over you. I love you and I'll miss you.

Love always
Your uncle Shane

By the end of the letter I was balling uncontrollably. Finn rocked me back and forth and told me how much he loved me.

"Baby?" Finn asked.

"Yes." I say as I look up at him.

"How about we name our baby after Shane if it's a boy and if it isn't when we do have a boy we name our son after him? I want to honor him for you for me for all of us." He asked me as his eyes got glossy.

"Thank you I was thinking that to while I was in the hospital." I say.

When my tears subsided we returned to the kitchen to eat. "How are you feeling Mare?" Tristan asked concerned.

"Im ok I guess. Shane told me to tell you guys not to mourn him to long. To live life to the fullest that he'll be watching over us." I say thinking of Shane.

"To Shane." Austin says.

"To Shane." We all say.

"How do you feel about going to Shane's house after lunch?" Mark asked cautiously.

"Yeah we can do that. We need to get a ton of boxes. I'm not selling the house though. I'm going to keep it." I say.

We finished our lunch. James, Finn, Colin, and Robert went to get boxes and they were going to meet us there. Mark, Austin, Nate, Ben, Tristan, and I got into my SUV and made our way to Shane's house.

We walked into the house and I had the guys sit in the living room I needed to discuss something with them without the others knowing right now.

"Guys Captain Evans called me this morning." I say to them.

"What did he want?" Ben asked.

"He wants to know if we want James in our unit." I tell them.

"James? Roberts brother?" Tristan asked.

"Yeah." I say.

"It's up to you." Austin says.

"No it's up to us all. We're a unit a family. We all agree or it's a no." I say.

"Yes." Ben said.

"Yes." Mark said.

"Yes." Tristan said.

"Yes." Austin said.

"Yes." Nate said

"I guess we might have a new teammate we just have to ask him." I say.

Not a moment later the guys walked in and came straight for us. "What's going on?" Robert asked.

"We're having a meeting about a new member." I say.

"A new member? Who?" Colin asked curiously.

"Well we all voted yes so now we have to talk to him." I say and I wink at Finn he knew what was going on.

"Now James. Would you like to be apart of our unit. Remember we won't get deployed for a year." I say.

Robert looks at me shocked.

"Ror are you serious?" Robert asked surprised.

"Yes. Captain Evans called and asked me." I say.

"What do you say James?" Tristan asked putting his hand on his shoulder.

Everyone turned to James waiting for him to answer.