Its Not Over

Rory's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and felt my boys cuddled next to me. "Mommy." Shane and Finley exclaimed with tears.

Soon the boys got off the bed and the doctor came in. He removed the tube and gave me some water. "How are you feeling?" The doctor asked.

"Sore." I say barely above a whisper. He nods and checks me over and leaves the room.

"Come here my babies." I say opening my arms to my baby boys.

"Mommy." They say with tears and gently climb in bed and cuddle into my arms.

"How's everyone else?" I asked them.

"The rest of the team needed surgery and rehab. The reporters are healing. We got the worst of it." Austin says.

"Where is the rest of the family?" I asked.

"Hotel sleeping. I texted Dad and told him your up." Finn says and I smile at him.

"I missed you baby. I'm glad your back." Finn adds smiling happily towards me and leans in and kisses me softly.

"I'll text Dad and tell him to bring us some food." Tristan says and I nod.

"You hungry my little men?" I say to them.

"Yes mama." They say and I kiss their foreheads.

"It's good to have you awake Mare." Tristan says.

"Yeah it is. I have to talk to the Captain it's not over." I say pulling the boys closer.

"Why do you say that?" Austin asked curiously.

"He told me something as I took him down before the second wave of hostiles came in." I say as I shed a tear.

"Is it bad?" Colin asked terrified.

"Yes. Someone we know is the reason why Logan was taken. The other hostages meant nothing compared to Logan." I say.

"Wait to talk to the captain." Austin says and I nod.

"Mommy I missed you." Finley says.

"I miss you to honey. I missed you all. I didn't break my promise I came home." I say softly.

"You always come home. You never break your promise none of you do." Finn says.

"If it wasn't for Rory we wouldn't be here." Tristan says and Austin nods in agreement.

"Why? What do you mean?" Steph asked curiously.

"She pushed us out of the way. If we took the full force we wouldn't have survived." Austin says.

We continued talking when everyone came in with tons of food. "My baby." My mom says charging for me.

"Ror." The captain starts.

"Don't I know who's involved and why it happened." I say to him seriously.

"How?" he asked shocked.

"When I was taking him down he told me. Find her she'll pay for what she's done." I say adamantly with anger lacing my voice and features.

"Who?" Elias asked curiously.

The Captain looks at me as does everyone else and I nod. "Shira." The captain says and everyone gasped.

Everyone was in complete shock. "Don't ask questions right now. There will be a time and place to tell you. Here and now is not the time." I say and everyone agrees with me.

We were moved to a bigger room so everyone can fit. Our family and my unit was here. "Yay food I'm starving." I say hungrily.

"Come on boys. Off the bed so you can eat." Finn says.

They shake their head no adamantly. "It's ok babe. They can stay by me. You want mommy to feed you like I used to?" I ask them sweetly smiling at them.

"Yes." They say excitedly and we all laugh at their excitement. They put the tray in front of me and food for all three of us. I fed myself and my boys.

"How are you feeling?" Mark asked concerned.

"Sore." I say in all honestly.

"How are you guys?" I add.

They all say that their good. The reporters were released including Logan but he stayed close by.

We spent the time talking and having a good time. When the night ended everyone left. I tried to get my boys to leave but they wouldn't. The only ones left was my unit Steph Sarah Colin and Finn.

I looked down at my boys and shed a few tears. "Mare what's wrong?" Tristan asked concerned.

"I wasn't supposed to survive this mission." I say emotionally.

"What?" They shrieked in utter shock.

"Why?" Logan asked concerned.

"He told me. They hoped that we were the unit that was sent to rescue him. He ordered his men to take out the female soldier if there was one." I say choking up.

"Why would they do that?" Mark asked saddened by that fact.

"I don't know the reason yet but hopefully we will soon." I say.

What will happen when they find out why Rory was to be taken out? Was it someone  who had a grudge against  Rory? The truth will shock everyone to their core.