#UNEXPECTED#

"I'm fine, just a little fight." Arthur looked away when The President tried to look at his bruised face.
       "Did you fight back?" President Wickham asked out of worry.
       "No, they're just a bunch of kids need some fun. Not that threatening." Arthur explained.

       "Good, then. Always remember not to misused it,okay son?" The President patted on Arthur's shoulder again before realizing Janice standing like a  concrete pillar at the back.

       President Wickham hunched down, and whispered something in Arthur's ear before Arthur looked back automatically. He stood up and faced Janice, both in disbelief.

       "I thinks it's okay if it's just one person." President Wickham said so and smiled looking at Janice. " Be a good friend to my son, will you?" he asked in his hoarse old voice.

         Janice was still frozen and just able to nodded her head few times. President Wickham smiled once again and leave Arthur with her.

         After ensuring that President Wickham was miles away, Janice walked closer to Arthur.

       "So, you're his son?" Janice asked simple question, can't think of any better words. So, she decided to just make it honest and direct.
       "You heard it, so yes. Just don't tell anybody about it. If onyone else know, it's no other than you who revealed the secret." Arthur slightly warned Janice in his words before landing his butt on the bench.

       "Why keep it as a secret? You can attract some respects from other students. They won't easily bully you, like just now." Janice somehow felt unhappy with his decision.
       "That's what i don't want . I just want to be treated like a normal student. I don't want special treat. I just wanna find true frie..." Arthur tried to reveal his true intention when suddenly Janice cuts him off.
       "But, still. You can't let yourself being a bully target. " Janice said feeling concern.

       "Janice," Arthur's voice suddenly humorless and somber. "If you know that i'm the president's son, will you be my friend sincerely or you will take advantage on me for your own good?"

       Arthur's question somehow hurt her heart. She had enough of Carol doubting her sincerity in a friendship, she had received a lot of mockery and now, Arthur was about to began it again.

       "I've learned something from a insincere friendship. And i.... i know how it's gonna feels like. And i don't want it to happen again."Janice answered quite offended by Arthur's question.

       "You.....you had one??" Arthur asked.

       "Yeah, i think so." Janice let out a gust of air. "And now, I don't care who you are. If you wanna be my friend, you gotta be 'like my' friend. Like your father said, i need to be a good friend for you,right? So, let me be!"Janice smiled back and tried to joke around.

       "Errrr....Urmm... yes?" But Eric seems like didn't get it.

       Janice noticed it but just shrugged it off. It needs a lot of patience befriend with a dork and nerdy man like Arthur.

"You're so lucky that I'm not like the girls in the TV. Got frustrated, feeling fooled by the hero true identity and then leave the guy alone." Janice said joyfully.

"So, you don't mind keeping it as a secret?" Arthur demanded for confirmation.

"I promise, i'll keep your secret right in my pocket. Your father gave me a chance to be your friend, and i will be one. But, sometimes, i tend to forget them...yeah...sometimes.." Janice realised that as the time passed by, she didn't remembered whose and how much secret she had kept. With that, her eyes wandered around, not sure whether she's should make it as a promise or not.

But it's better then. If I don't remember his secret, I won't tell anybody,right?

Watching the blur and blank Janice somehow made him smile. He loves it when Janice was around. She's so funny.

       "Just forget about it. Now, i wanna ask you something." Janice faced herself with Arthur. Feeling excited with Janice's curiosity, Arthur smiled and nodded.

       "Don't you feel ashamed with yourself? You got a tough body, tall, muscular than them. And i can smell that you know some martial arts to defend yourself,right?" Janice said.

       Shocked by Janice true assumption, Arthur sit his back straight.
       "How did you know?" Arthur asked, this time, he's the one who full with curiosity on how Janice know about it.
         "From you Dad's advice." Janice answered simply and continued her unfinished words. "I'm sure they're gonna run away like kids if you show them some side kicks!" Janice put on another joke.

"No need. They didn't reach the limit yet. I'm fine. They're just a bunch of kids, or of cowards!"Arthur sounds angry but tried to hide it away.
"I knew you're mad,right." Janice guessed it right, after noticing that his ears turns red.

"But you're right. But wrong as well." Arthur got confused by Janice sudden metaphor.
"You cannot show that you're weak. If you don't want to use your martial arts, you got to use your brain." Janice said so while tapping her head with her finger.

Once again, Arthur laughed and just agreed with what Janice had said.

Suddenly, his eyes caught at the box on Janice's lap. It's his.

"Where.. i mean.. how did you got my chocolate box?" Arthur said pointing out at the box.
"Owh. I totally forgot. The man gave me. Here, take it back." Janice said while handing it over back to it's owner.
"Thank you."

"So, who is this lucky Carol?" Janice asked, wondering who win the heart of this dorky man.
"Your Carol. Carol Camilson." Arthur answered.
         Janice remained silent. Shocked by what she heard. Unexpected.