#LEAVING#

All the doctors began rushing here and there trying to save the patient....named Carol.
         They didn't start the surgery yet but  Carol faced a cardiac arrest. Where the heart failed to function properly.

          The doctors tried giving an electric shock through the chest wall, by using a device called a defibrillator. But there's no change at the heart monitor...... even the blood pressure stuck on zero.

          Not a single words came out from her mouth. Her throat sore and her saliva felt bitter to swallow. She looked at Carol's pale body and mumbled to herself...wake up,Carol!, please wake up!

          There's no more reason why to tell about her eyes getting teary. But this time, it poured down to her rosy cheeks like a waterfall. She's still faithfully waiting for miracle to happen.

          But things didn't went as she wish..

          The doctors then stopped doing the electric shock and one of them looked at his watch, while the nurse beside him writing something.

"Janice?" Eric called her name but Janice didn't move a single muscle away from where her legs stand. Same goes to her eyes.

Feeling strange, Eric ran to get Janice but stopped when he saw a doctor came out from the room where Carol is.
Shouldn't they do the surgery?

"Doctor?" Eric asked as he was already stood straight in front of the doctor.

With her eyes still focusing on Carol, her ears still trying to catch some further explanation from the doctor.

But what she saw was way more heartbreaking and gave her some hints that she herself couldn't accept and believe it...the nurse pulled the blanket all the way over Carol's face. Covering Carol's body completely. The machines all around her also were turned off.

"I'm sorry,Eric. Carol faced serious cardiac arrest and unfortunately her brain completely stop functioning as well. Like it's suddenly......off.Her tumor is more aggressive than we thought ." The doctor explain. "I'm sorry for what had happened. We've tried our best. I hope you can be strong." Doctor slightly tapped on Eric's shoulder few times before excusing himself.

Like Janice, Eric also froze where he's standing. But the difference is, Eric scoffed.

"Eric..." Janice finally walk away from the see-through glass to Eric. Worried that Eric might ended up worse than she was. Who knows, Eric was the only one staying right by Carol's side since the beginning and until the end. They even planned to

"That spoiled Carol." Eric let out a small laughs. "She finally went to the sky. So yesterday was her last goodbye,then?." It's looks like he's monologued himself.Eric forced himself to smile and laugh, but he couldn't stop his tears from falling. Not wanting to look weak, he wiped away his tears and put his hands on his hips. Trying to look bold.

"It's okay,then. At least she can heard from both of you that you forgave her." Eric continued . "She will be happy there."

"Both?" Janice looked up.

"Arthur was here." Eric said.

...

I went to the payment counter and it turns out that Arthur's name written in the fee form. Then i asked the nurse who was in charge of Carol's health care and it's really true after all, that Arthur was here before us. He was the one who found Carol first who almost collapsed in her room. Luckily he was there. If he wasn't, Carol would just lying on the freezing floor, weakly trying to fight within herself whether to survive or not.

Mine Will Always Be Yoursजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें