Chapter 8

A Q U A R I U S

Suddenly, my mate's sadness turned to anger. I watched as his eyes turned from a vibrant blue to a ruby red making me gasp in shock.

"You-"

He was cut off by the doctor who was watching the whole scene. I was still staring at my mate in shock.

"Sir, a word outside please. It concerns your mate."

He said causing my mates head to almost whiplash at how fast he turned. My mate brushed his thumb against my cheek and laid a kiss on my forehead.

"I'll be back."

I nodded my head and watched as he and both Dr and Mrs. Heights left the room.

I just sat awkwardly on my surface, not daring to look at Kyle or Liam. I let out a breath of exhaustion and let my body relax.

Humans were so complicated, always getting into each other's business, causing drama, tainting their relationships in love, lies, and secrets...

Down under, your tribe was your family. We watched out for one another and kept things simple and truthful. It was basically a law to never lie in the tribe, it could jeopardize safety.

I sighed and tried to rub my fingers through my tangled and knotted hair, I was so busy I did not even noticed Kyle making his way over to my side.

When I looked up and saw him, I nearly had a heart attack. He bent down to my level and sighed tiredly.

"Please, I'm sorry for the way I've been acting, but please tell me what you did..."

He said his voice cracking at the end. I felt bad because he loved this Liam a lot.

"I'm sorry... I did not mean to hurt. Only trying to keep self-safe..."

I said with my rusty English. I wrapped my arms around myself to stopped myself from shaking in fear. Kyle sighed and looked at me.

"I know, I understand now you didn't mean to intentionally do that to him, and he was wrong to attack you. Anyone would have fought back, but if you want to make this right please- please tell me what you did or used on him!"

He said water coming out of his eyes again. He angrily brushed them away.

I looked to the door then to him. He got my message and stood up, going over to the door and flipping a switch on it. He then put this wooden thing under where you twist to open it and pushed another surface in front of the door.

He walked back over to me and knelt. I nodded at him glad I had time to try and explain this to him.

"Before I tell you anything, I have question."

I said looking at him to let him know I was serious. He nodded frantically,

"Of course, anything!"

He said. I sighed.

"You're not human, are you?"

He sighed and looked down. He shook his head no. I beamed brightly at him, seeming to catch him off guard.

"Good! Humans cannot know what I am about to tell you!"

I said making him furrow his brows together.

"What do you mean? Aren't you human?"

He said. I looked at him offended. How dare he compare me to those, those ocean killers!

He seemed to see the offense on my face and chuckled

"Okay, Okay. I'm sorry I offended you."

I hmphed and crossed my arms.

I was about to open my mouth and explain when the door started to rattle. I gasped and grabbed his arm.

"You want your mate to better, right?"

I said desperate. He nodded faster than anything.

"Ocean. Take me to ocean, I come back, heal mate."

I told him looking at him with full sincerity. He turned around and looked at his frozen mate then at me. He sighed and muttered something like

"Vincent is going to have my balls...."

He quickly stood and picked me up. A loud bang came from the door as I heard my mate yelling for Kyle to open the door. He turned around,

"I'm opening the door, hold on. You're scaring Aquarius!"

He said as he opened the window. The banging abruptly stopped.

"Aquarius love, are you okay?!"

I looked to the door and said in a loud voice

"Yes! I'm okay, Kyle opening door now."

My mate said okay as Kyle jumped out the window. We were on hard ground as he walked towards this giant rock like thing. It had doors and he quickly opened one and pushed me inside and sat me on something is soft.

The seats felt like manatee skin and were tough. Kyle jumped in the other side and the rock like thing started to vibrate.

Suddenly, we were moving fast, and I clenched Kyles arm. He laughed and soothed me.

"It's fine, you've never been in a car?"

He asked me like it was unthinkable that I had not. I shook my head no and clenched the seat.

"Hey watched the seat! It's Italian leather!"

He said shooing away my hand. I whimpered and started to shake. He sighed and pointed to something above my head.

"Here."

He said pulling down a little bar.

"Grab this."

I grabbed it and he told me I could hold on here and you bet your fins I did!

"The beach is only twenty miles away. We should be there in about 15-20 minutes."

He said. I did not really understand what minuets were, so I did not bother thinking about it and just leaned back on the comfy thing I was sitting on.

Hopefully, my mate will not be to mad when I come back....