Chapter 13

A Q U A R I U S

Kyle quickly came up to my side

Kyle quickly came up to my side. Water was clouding his eyes and the doctor rubbed his back. My mate came towards us with a look of concern.

"What's wrong?"

He asked pulling me too him. Kyle looked down and let out a shuddering breath. He went to say something, but a sob got in the way. Dr. Heights cleared his throat and spoke for Kyle instead.

"Liam's state is quickly deteriorating. He cannot breathe on this own and his heart rate has been constantly elevated. The wound site is starting infection and his fever has been 103.9 for the last day. His chances are looking very slim. In a day or two we will have to start him on a food tube."

He said looking grim. Kyle looked up at me water running down his cheeks

"You can help him, right?"

He asked me. I nodded, the fish I caught were a rare species human have barely ever seen. Only merfolk new their nesting grounds, their oils had high healing properties that would kill any venom left and start the process of damage control. The algae will clear infection and the red kelp will help draw the venom out the body.

The doctor looked at me cautiously.

"You know how to fix this?"

He said with doubt. I nodded

"Venom, claws had venom in them."

I said hoping he would understand. He looked at me and shook his head

"We tested him for all types of venom, it all came back negative."

He said looking at this board he had in his hands. Kyle looked at the doctor then back at me.

"You injected him with venom?! "

He asked in disbelief and anger. I shrunk back suddenly feeling afraid again, I did not want Kyle to be mad at me! My mate pulled me to him and let out a growl making Kyle look down.

"Didn't mean to, mer-"

I stopped and looked at the doctor remembering he was human. Kyle and my mate looked at me expectantly before Kyle seemed to realize what was wrong. He looked at the doctor then me and smiled, but it did not reach his eyes.

"It's okay Aquarius, Dr. Heights is like Vincent and I, he's a werewolf. He turns into the creature you saw me shift into to."

My eyebrows shot up in shock. Was everyone a hairy beast?! As that settled in, confusion then filled me.

"Vi- Vin- Vincent?"

I slowly pronounced, never hearing of that term before. It was foreign and new but sent a shiver down my spine at its name.

My mate pulled me to him and nuzzled my neck, leaving a lingering kiss.

"That would be me love; my name is Vincent."