Chapter 12

A Q U A R I U S

My mate swam up to the surface hacking up the salty water. I popped my head up above and peaked at him afraid of what he may have to say.

When his coughing calmed down, he looked at me with wide eyes.

"Your-, but you! -, you are not? -"

Was all he could get out, confusing me. After a bit he just closed his eyes and took a deep breath. After a minute or so he reopened them and looked at me.

"So, I know this is obvious but, you're not human?"

He asked me. I shook my head no, making a face.

"As if."

At that he smiled and chuckled, which turned into full blown laughter. He swam towards me and pulled me too him.

"You're a mermaid!"

He said looking down at my blue tail. I shook my head no at him, which seemed to confuse him.

"Merman."

He chuckled at me and kissed my nose.

"I'm sorry, merman."

His kiss to the nose turned into him kissing all over my face. I laughed as it tickled, but felt it also felt quite loving and pure. He pulled away and looked at me in pure happiness.

"So, you know what mates are? You know what you are to me?"

He asked. I nodded and reached up to caress his cheek, wiping away his wet hair.

"You're my other half."

I said letting all my emotion drip into that one sentence. He beamed and bent down, connecting our lips. The electricity was stronger than the last time and I moaned as waves of heat flashed throughout my body.

My mate growled and pulled me to his chest. I ran my fingers threw his wet hair and inhaled his strong masculine but sweet scent.

"Uh, guys!"

A voice yelled, pulling me out of my little world. My mate growled and looked up to see Kyle standing in the water a few feet away.

"I'm sorry for breaking apart your reunion but I have a mate I desperately want to see again; can we please get back to the pack house?"

He said looking at us desperately. My mate sighed and nodded.

"Can you get the towels from the car while I help Aquarius out of the water?"

My mate said to Kyle who just nodded and walked to what I am guessing, was what my mate said a car?

I pulled my mate by his hand and swam us quickly to the shore. I dragged myself as far as I could onto the shoreline. I was still in the water when my mate walked towards me and lifted me up. I gasped and grabbed onto his shoulders making him laugh.

"Can you shift back to human form?"

He asked me. I shook my head no

"Must be dry."

I explained to him, he nodded in understanding. He walked us up the beach and a big sandy hill. When we reached the top of the hill Kyle had a bunch of cloths in his hands but stopped walking when he saw us.

"Hey Aquarius, do you have what you need to help Liam?"

He asked looking at me with desperate eyes. I just nodded my head and pointed to my kelp sack. He let out a breath of relief and opened the door for my mate and me. Before my mate sat me down, he had Kyle put one of those cloths on the seats. Then he sat me down and got into the back of what I am guessing is a car. It was the same thing Kyle took me in to get to the beach.

My mate used one of the cloths to dry his hair and pulled off the cloth he was wearing, leaving just his bottom half covered. He dried himself before moving to me.

He patted down my top half first, leaving my hair just slightly damp. When he got to my tail, he seemed fascinated by it. He poked and rubbed at it, like he could not believe it was real- making me giggle. As he used the cloth to dry me, I felt the burning sensation of my shift happening.

My mate watched in awe as my scales disappeared into my skin, my tail slowly broke into two, letting my legs transform. By the time I was done shifting we had made it back to my mates' home.

Kyle quickly jumped out of the car and opened the door for us. He was stopped by my mate's ferocious growl when he looked at me.

I furred my brows not understanding the problem.

Kyle was not doing anything wrong by looking at me! He was just waiting for me to help his mate!

Kyle apologized to my mate and took off his cloth, handing it to him. My mate quickly threw it over my head and adjusted it accordingly.

Kyle all but dragged me in the human house and back to Dr. Heights room. His mate was surrounded by objects that made a lot of noise and had a tube going into his arm.

Kyle's demeanor immediately turned sad and he let out a long whine. Just then Dr. Heights came out of another room and Kyle all but ran to him.

I went to a surface to start preparing what I needed. I took the four fish I had in my pouch out, along with three different types of algae and red kelp.

I jumped when arms wrapped around my back. My mate nuzzled my neck and breathed in deeply.

"All this will wake him up?"

My mate said in a soft voice. I nodded

"Yes, do you have something I mix it in? And something sharp?"

I asked struggle to find the words. I was hoping as I lived with my mate my English would come back and I would be more fluent.

My made pulled away from me leaving me cold for a couple seconds and feeling empty. He quickly came back with a little, what he called bowl, and knife.

Human knives resembled merfolk knives, so I had no trouble using it. In fact, I would say they were even better than ours!

I cut open the fish and scrapped the fat into the bowl. I could feel my mate shudder.

"Why do you need all that?"

He asked. I scrapped the last of the fat into the bowl.

"Oil in fat has healing properties."

I said grabbing the algae and cutting it up finely before throwing it in the bowl. I mixed it with my fingers letting my body heat help melt the fat down into an oilier substance.

When I was done, I walked over to Liam praying to the gods and goddesses.

EDITED 11/12/20