Chapter 15

A Q U A R I U S

Today were the day Vincent's parents were coming back from a trip across the country, they were negotiating with another pack there

Today were the day Vincent's parents were coming back from a trip across the country, they were negotiating with another pack there. They had been gone since the day we went to the beach. Vincent said they decided to take a little vacation while there to unwind from all the Alpha duty stress.

Speaking of Vincent, he and I were doing great! He had Liam teaching me how to behave and show me what responsibilities I would have as future Luna.

To say these last few weeks have been hard were an understatement.

I sighed and plopped down on Vincent and I's bed. We currently resided in the Alpha suite of the pack house. It was big with a bunch of rooms for family and was like a mini house.

Bonding with Vincent has been wonderful, he was everything I have ever wanted in a mate. He loved me, or well I hoped he loved me, for me. He did not care about what he got as an advantage from mating with me, he just cared about being with me.

I was falling in love with this a hunk of wolf and there was nothing I could do about it, not that I wanted too anyway.

I heard footsteps coming but did not bother to move. I was tired from studying werewolf history with Liam all morning.

Soon I smelt the mouthwatering smell of my mate and felt the bed dip as he spooned me from behind.

"Hey love. I missed you..."

He said nuzzling the back of my neck. I snuggled into his chest and turned around to face him.

I looked into his eyes and all but melted. They looked down at me and held so much love and warmth it almost brought tears. His hand reached up and caressed my cheek.

"I can't believe you've been in my life for a little over two months now..."

He said almost in awe. I smiled and chuckled a bit.

"I can't believe it's been that long..."

I said. When Vincent and I were not spending our time together it was just him doing pack work and me practicing being Luna. He said he would start teaching me how to help him do pack work soon.

Now that his parents were back, his mother would teach me the rest I needed to know for being Luna. Eventually we would take over the pack in a few years once his parents were ready to retire.

"My parents will be here in about two hours, they're excited to finally meet you. They said to meet them at a restaurant downtown, my brothers and sister will be there too."

He said causing a bit anxiety to come. I had yet to meet any of his family, his brother and sister went mate searching together around the country while his parents were on vacation. He kept assuring me that they would love me, but their opinion meant a lot. Would Vincent leave me if they did not approve? How could I live without him?!

I felt myself start to slightly shake. Vincent quickly sat up and looked at me in concern.

"Hey, what's the matter baby? Why are you so nervous?"

He asked pushing my curly hair away from my face. I sniffled and looked up at him.

"I just want them to like me, I'm afraid they won't!"

I said rubbing my face in stress. Vincent gathered me into his arms and rocked us back and forth. Just being in his arms itself calmed me down.

"You don't have to worry about anything but being yourself. They just care about you being a good person and knowing you'll do what's right for this pack."

He said. I felt my heart thump in my chest, how do I know if I am a good person or not? Or if I am a good leader?

I looked at Vincent in fear and his face softened. He leaned down and gave me a long peck on the lips. I smiled into the sweet kiss letting my fears and doubt wash away in my mate's arms.

When he pulled away, he gave me a confident smile.

"You'll always have me by your side, you have nothing to fear. We'll always get through shit together."

He said boosting my confidence with those few words. I gave him a big smiling letting him know his reassurance worked wonders.

Vincent laid back down and pulled me to his arms. I snuggled in comfortably, just thinking about us. We had not mated or touched each other in a sexual manner yet. I was kind of getting frustrated and more and more unsatisfied with just kissing and hugging. I knew I was falling in love with this man, if not already in love and wanted him to be fully mine in every way.

Plus taking baths all the time sucked and Vincent said showers were much quicker, I wanted my control over my legs soon!

I groaned as he pulled away from me and sat up.

"I'm going to take a shower, start getting ready. You have an hour and a half."

He said looking down at his watch. I nodded and sat up. I walked to our closet and pulled out a white shirt, a jean jacket, black skinny pants, and white sneakers. I then just pulled up my hair to a bun and rubbed some moisturizer on my face.

I grabbed a book and waited for Vincent to finish getting ready and by the time he was we had 45 minutes to spare.

"Come on, it's a twenty-minute drive to the restaurant."

He said. I nodded and followed him to his car. He promised to teach me how to drive soon. I was overly excited.

The whole way we sat in comfortable silence just holding each other's hands. I was still incredibly nervous at meeting his family but just one look at Vincent, and every time and I calmed down. His words always rang through my head as a constant reminder I was never alone.

For as long as I lived, I would always have Vincent, my other half.

EDITED 11/12/20