Chapter 23

A Q U A R I U S

We all sat silently, eating sandwiches an omega had brought us for lunch

We all sat silently, eating sandwiches an omega had brought us for lunch. Kyle and Liam could not keep their eyes off their new mate who was eating the sandwich with pure delight on his face.

"This is so good!"

He exclaimed to me while quickly taking a bite. I laughed at him and offered him the rest of mine, which he did not hesitate to take.

"So, what is your name?"

I asked him as he gulped down his food.

"I was named Morrisey!"

He said while gulping down his fourth glass of water. He was new to being on land, so he would be drinking gallons of water for a while.

"What is he saying?!"

Asked Liam who was looking a little angry with me. I knew he was jealous that I could talk to his mate and he could not.

"He just said his name is Morrisey."

He beamed and looked at his mate.

"Morrisey?"

Morrisey just looked at Liam in pure confusion, then turned back to me.

"What did he say?"

I could see Liam's disappointed and hurt look and felt bad.

"He said your name in English, which is their language."

He made an O shape with his mouth and turned to Liam giving him a small smile.

"You know they're your mates, right?"

I said to him while stealing a French fry off Vincent's plates. Morrisey nodded and smiled.

"Yes, I feel the pull and love I get from them. It's amazing..."

He said. He seemed enthralled at the bond. It made me smile.

"You know if they mark you, you'll be able to communicate with them, right?"

I said making his eyes widen.

"Really?!"

I chuckled. I guess he was not educated about mating back in his tribe.

"You guys didn't learn that in your tribe?"

He shook his head.

"Mating in my tribe was arranged, they wanted a strong population always. It was paired to be that if you were weak, your mate would be strong, so your offspring had a chance."

I grimaced and nodded. His tribe was still traditional and that must have sucked.

"Is that why you were alone when we found you?"

I said making him look down. Slowly he nodded his head. I sighed.

"Well you're those people are Liam and Kyle. They are your mates, meaning you all share a soul and are destined to be with each other. They will love you forever and always protect you. The man beside me is my mate and treats me wonderful. Nothing is arranged here or forced. You have the freedom to be free and loved by who you please, well preferably your mates, but you still have a choice. Now are you willing to be marked by them?"

I asked him carefully. He seemed to think about it before nodding shyly. I grinned at him and looked at a nervous Liam and Kyle.

"He said he's willing to be marked by you both so you guys can communicate normally. JUST marking. Now go get em'. "

I said shooing them and boy did they rush out the room with Kyle carrying a blushing Morrisey away. I turned to Vincent and kissed his cheek.

"Now that was something, wasn't it?"

He laughed and nodded and grabbed my hand.

"Why don't we mark each other soon?"

He asked suddenly serious. I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Vincent I-"

The door banged open. Michael came in with Ben and looked at Vincent with a stern look.

"Explain what's going on. Who was that Kyle was carrying and why is he in pack territory?"

Vincent sighed and got up. He explained what happened from the start. Us going under and Liam being kidnapped, and me saving Morrisey. At the end Michael did not look to happy at another creature being here but he accepted it, thankfully.

"Wow, I haven't seen a polyamory relationship before..."

Said Ben out of the blue. I looked at him confused.

"That isn't a thing on land?"

Merfolk sometimes had three mates instead of just one. A lot of times a merman would marry two women vice versa.

They all looked at me weirdly.

"Yeah... you guys practice polyamory down under?"

Ben asked me. I nodded and decided to explain to them.

"Yeah sometimes merfolk has more than one mate or decided to marry someone else into their relationship. Merfolk can always mate with someone who's not predestined and break their old bond too."

They all looked shocked and surprised, Vincent just looked pale and unhappy at the news. I looked at him and smiled.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to leave you and return to the sea. I'm happy here, happy with you."

He smiled and me and caressed my cheek. I remembered Ben and Michael were there and turned deep red.

Michael was holding back a laugh and Ben was gushing and cooing over us. 

"You guys are so cute! Now how about some apple pie."

I nodded quickly. I love apple pie!

As we were walking down the stairs a big boom was heard and the house shook. I almost fell down the stairs, but luckily my mate saved me.

Screaming was heard all over and Michael quickly turned to his mate.

"Grab the kids and go to Vincent's bedroom. You know where the tunnel is."

Just then a woman ran up with a crying Lucas and passed out Louis.

"Alpha!"

She exclaimed with tears running down her face. I guess Ben's inner mama came out and he grabbed his crying son who immediately screamed and tried to shove him away. Ben and Michael looked in shock as he dropped Lucas to the floor and watched him run to his brother.

"PWEASE WAKE UP! LUCY, I LOVE YOU, PWEASE PWEASE!"

The kid cried over and over. Ben walked over to his kid and gasped. His body was full of ashes and cuts. He had a big gash on his forehead and when I looked down, I also gasped.

Nails pierced his stomach and a few in his thigh. I heard a vicious growl break out and Michael lifted his kid out of the lady's hands and rushed him to a hospital bed.

"Daddy..."

Louis whispered looking and Michael. Michael did not take his eyes off his son.

"Not now Lucas. Your brother is very hurt."

He said voice breaking at the end. Lucas nodded and walked over to me, kind of swaying. I saw the sweat trickle down his forehead. Just as I was about to say something to Ben, but Dr. Heights and Mrs. Heights came in the room.

Gods help this kid.

EDITED 11/12/20