Chapter 20

A Q U A R I U S

Liam screamed, making the thing put its hands over his mouth

Liam screamed, making the thing put its hands over his mouth. The thing had the shape of a man's body, but with fish features. It also swam just as fast as me.

We swam far away from our mates in the chase. Liam struggled against the thing and managed to get his mouth free from his hand.

"WILL YOU STOP. BOTH OT YOU!"

The beast looked down at Liam, with a that look that looked like he wanted to listen- while I looked at him in confusion.

Why would he want me to stop, I was trying to save him!

Concentrating I used my powers to tap into the ocean's life source. I saw a kelp bed up a head and a plan formulated in my head.

As soon as we swam over it, I used my powers to make the kelp shoot up and wrap around his legs. The beast hissed and growled as he tried to free himself while keeping a hold on Liam. He ended up dropping Liam as the kelp constricted him, cutting off his air supply.

The beast gasped and sputtered for breath and clawed at the kelp squeezing his scaled neck. Liam backed up and stared as the beast struggled and cried out. Liam mumbled something as he stared at the beast in shock.

"What?"

I said looking at him in concern. He seemed to snap out of his trance and turned to me.

"LET HIM GO!"

He swam up to the beast and started trying to pull at the kelp. The beast slowly stopped fighting as the lack of oxygen got to him. Liam gasped and started to pull harder still yelling at me to let him go.

I looked up as the sound of a boat came closer to us and stopped directly above.

As quickly as it stopped someone jumped into the water and swam towards us, and it did not take a scientist to know who it was.

Kyle swam up to Liam and pulled him to his chest. Liam quickly pushed him away and went back to the creature, leaving Kyle in shock.

Kyle swam up to Liam but stopped short and seemed to stagger back in shock. Liam looked at me and I saw how desperate he was for help. I swam to him and grabbed the creature.

The creature laid limp in my arms. I could hear Kyle and Liam follow me up to the boat. When we got to the boat, I threw the creature on and pulled myself up.

I painted in exhaustion, my adrenaline still running high as well as my confusion and anger. Liam and Kyle came to the surface, Liam wasting no time going to the creature side and caressing its face.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

Kyle gritted out rushing to his mates' side.

"You know what I'm doing!"

Said Liam, running his hand through his hair in a panic. Kyle ran his hands over his face and groaned. I angrily crossed my arms.

"Can someone tell me what the hell is going on here?! I try to save you from that Man Fish, and you want to help it? What the hell is wrong with you?!"

I say panting by the end. Kyle looks at me and agrees.

"Liam! This thing tried to take you away from us, take you away from me, and you want to help him?"

He said looking confused, hurt, shocked, and sad. Liam shook his head and gave him an appalled look.

"You don't want to help him? You'd rather I let him die?"

He said quietly. Kyle groaned and tugged at his hair.

"Of course, not but..."

He said with a lost look. Liam sighed and shook his head.

"What the fuck is happening here?!"

I said now yelling. Liam and Kyle both looked at each other and then me.

"This... this is our other mate...."

Liam said looking at its face, his expression turning soft. Kyle just groaned and pinched his nose.

"No Liam. That is not our mate. Werewolves rarely have another mate, and this is a fish! How would we even live with him?"

He said looking at Liam like he was dumb. Liam scoffed and glared at his mate.

"Are you going to be ignorant right now? Reject your mate because you are scared? Man, up and claim what is yours. The goddess never makes a mistake, and he was given to us for a reason- fish or not."

Liam said so seriously and stern I was shocked this was even the same person. Kyle looked at Liam in hurt and shock. He looked down at his feet and frowned. This time I spoke softly.

"Kyle... I know this is none of my concern and I do not know what you are going through, but if this is your mate do not deny it. Do not let your fears or old ways of thinking get in the way. Would you have rejected Liam for being different? I don't think so- so what makes this mate so different?"

I said looking at him as different emotions ran through his face. Slowly he looked up at Liam and his new mate. Liam stared back at him with pleading eyes. Slowly Kyle started to nod his head.

"I'm sorry baby. You are right, this is our mate. Different or not he's our responsibility now."

He approached his new mate and sat down next to Liam. He looked at the creature and sighed while caressing its cheek.

I looked at my mate and gave him a small smile, which he returned.

"You're going to be a good Luna."

He said to me and then looked at Liam who was patting the creatures face.

"Why isn't he waking up, Aquarius!"

He said looking at me for help. I sighed and looked at the creature. I pulled myself out of the water and went to see if his chest was moving, which thankfully it was.

"Honestly, I think he just needs to rest it off. Kyle why do not you go downstairs and fill the tub with seawater- Liam you help. We'll keep him submerged and take him to the pack doctor when we get home."

Both nodded and went to work at filling the tub while Vincent walked over to me and helped start drying me off.

"So, do you know what kind of creature he is?"

Vincent asked and I shook my head yes.

"In my tribe we just called them Man Fish, since they looked and were shaped like man but lived and had the features of a fish."

He nodded his head and sighed.

"Honestly, I feel like this just started something very complicated."

I looked at home and nodded.

"Me too, and I'm scared."

My mate grabbed my face and pulled me close.

"As long as I am with you, never be scared. I'll protect you with my life."

I connected our lips. This was love.

EDITED 11/12/20