Chapter 30

A Q U A R I U S

Thankfully, no one was hurt when we hit the water

Thankfully, no one was hurt when we hit the water. The creature was incredibly slick and fast as it swam away and away from our new home and mates.

Morrisey had given up on fighting and just let the creature drag him away. He seemed depressed at being away from his mates and I felt the same way. I could feel Vincent's worry through our bond.

I was more worried about my pack, but glad we saved the 15 missing. But it was a win lose, and for once I was glad to be on the losing side knowing I had done my job as Luna.

It had been a couple hours of swimming and I had no idea where we were or where we were going. There was no way I could communicate with this creature. He did not speak any language, but his screeches. I was not even sure if he was considered supernatural or just an animal.

The creature swam until nighttime where he stopped and found us a cave. He set me and Morrisey down gently and looked at the entrance. He sat down in front of us and stared at use like we were the coolest thing he is ever seen; we probably were considering he grew up in a fish tank.

He turned around and looked outside the cave. He did not seem like a vicious monster now that he was not ripping people's heads off. He was gentle with us and did not even try to hurt us once. I felt bad for it.

A fish swam by and the creatures hand shot out he quickly killed in in one bit and offered the fish to Morrisey who took it carefully. I think he was scared to see what happened if he would reject his offer. He slowly ate the fish and offered me some, but I declined. I was not very hungry after today's events.

The creature turned around and stared at use with a weird look on his face. He... he was not the best-looking creature on this planet- but he was alive and that is all that mattered.

"Aquarius...?"

Morrisey said quietly after a bit. I looked at him and he had his legs drawn up to his chest.

"Yeah what's up?"

I whispered looking at the sleeping creature that was in front of the caves exit.

"I want to go home, I'm scared. I don't want to be prisoners..."

He said lowly. He started to sniffle, and I rubbed his back.

"Everything will be okay. Just sleep and we'll figure something out."

He sighed and nodded, closing his eyes. I put a hand over my stomach and sighed. I would get home to my mate for my possible future child.

*
*
*
The next morning the creature woke us up with two fish and a jellyfish he had caught for us. I ate the jellyfish and some of the fish and then gave the rest to a hungry Morrisey.

The creature than grabbed us and kept moving. I did not know what he was moving too but I felt scared as we slipped further and further from the main shore.

"Where do you think we're going?"

Said Morrisey quietly. I shrugged my shoulders and let the beast pull me. His body was made truly for water, he glided through it with no effort. By nighttime, the creature did the same as before and found us an underwater cave. He blocked the entrance and found us food, letting us rest.

Morrisey and I kept each other company the whole time, talking about what we were going to do when we got home and whatnot. I told him about my possible pregnancy, and he seemed excited for me talking about baby names and all the clothes we were going to buy for them.

This continued for a week and a half. The creature seemed to be looking for something but could not find it. He would swim around for a day, sometimes turning back, sometimes going forward.

Finally, after 12 days of this he found what he was looking for, an island. It was small but had a waterway that led into the island from the sea.

It was all trees and hills. It was a small island and did not seem populated.

The creature screeched as if celebrating and swam us inward. I looked at Morrisey in confusion it he just shrugged.

The water way led to a little cave and I gasped at how nice it was. If I were still living in the sea, I would have loved this. There was a little pool and then the wall was lined with rocks that had some sort of gem infused in them. They sparkled and flashed as sunlight hit them from the opening above.

"Wow..."

Morrisey whispered and I agreed. The creature shrieked and looked at us. We looked at him and nodded, not knowing what he meant or wanted but did not want to anger him.

Again, the creature handed us our fish dinner and we all ate in silence.

"Do you think we'll really be able to get home?"

Said Morrisey after a little while. The creature sat in front of us asleep. There was no use in trying to escape because any little movement and he would wake up. He had excellent hearing. I looked at Morrisey and nodded my head.

"Of course! We just need to have faith. Things go downhill when you lose hope or faith dude. Keep a positive attitude and look at the bright side. He could be hurting us, or we could be starving, but we are not. He's being nice and gentle and now all we need it so find our way back to our mates."

He hesitated but nodded at me and sighed. I closed my eyes and rubbed my belly. In a couple days I would be able to tell if I was pregnant. I had hoped I would have been with my mate by then, but I guess not.

I looked at the creature and sighed. He was a gentle giant who was wronged. I felt like he just wanted our company as fellow sea creatures. I just wish I could speak to him and see what was going on in his head.

EDITED 11/12/20