Chapter 10.5

V I N C E N T

My mama just rocked us back and forth for what seemed like forever until I was calm enough to talk properly again.

I hiccupped and sniffled into his small chest. Hugging him on the bed was kind of awkward because of how small he was. He was only 5'6 compared to my 6'4, and probably weighed 130 pounds. He was delicate and slim while I was brawny and rough.

"It's okay baby, mamas here."

He said.

"I-it hurts so bad mama! He ran from me! I have been waiting so long, and he left! What if I never see him again?"

I cried out, tears welling up again.

My heart throbbed in my chest at that thought, would he really abandon me?

After a while I ended up crying myself to sleep in my mama's arm. My wolf soul took comfort that his mother was here to protect him and help lick his wounds...

*
*
*

I awoke to whispering and my mama still petting my head. I breathed in deeply feeling comforted at the smell of sugar and pine. My mama always smelt sweet and of the forest, like a true Luna.

I yawned and nuzzled into his chest, feeling overwhelmed to cry out the pain again.

Since he was gone so soon with the bond so fresh my soul would feel empty and urge to find him. We needed to bond and let our souls intertwine for at least three weeks or painful side effects happened.

"How's my puppy feeling?"

My mama asked, squeezing me. I know I awoken the overprotective mama wolf in him, and I know he was going to be up my ass for a while making sure I was okay but right now that is what I needed. I was desperately trying to fill the void of my mates love with my mother's love.

I sniffled and nuzzled him.

"It still hurts, a lot. It's like there's this giant hole in my chest and my heart won't stop throbbing."

I explained feeling myself starting to get choked up. I felt the bed dip and I almost jumped up, not even realizing there was another person in here with me.

"Tell us what happened pup."

The deep voice of my father rang. I turned around and looked at him.

Unknown to most my father was an actual teddy bear. He looked scary. He stood at 6'7, had hazel eyes with a scar running down the right one, thin lips, and short black hair. He had stubble along his jaw and neck like me and was built like a tank.

He was the definition of alpha male.

Around others he was cold and calculating, known to be blunt and to the point- not caring of other feelings.

To his family? He was sweet and gentle, always showing us love and support whenever we needed it. I could always go to him for anything whenever.

Right now, he was looking at me with a deep frown and concern all over his features. He pushed the hair out of my face and cupped my cheek.

"The family is all very worried about you, your mother told me you found your mate, but he ran away. I also heard you locked Kyle up in the cellar. What is going on? We just want to help and make sure you get well."

He said looking at me with sincerity. I looked down and nodded. I began to tell them what happened in the few hours I have known Aquarius. I told them about how I found him in Kyle's arms injured, to Liam attacking him then getting paralyzed, to the doctor's office, and then the rest of this dramatic event.

When I finished, I looked up and saw my mama and dad looking at each other. My mama was rubbing my side still trying to offer me comfort. I am sure they were mind-linking, telling each other how they felt about this situation.

After a couple minuets of silence my dad cleared his throat.

"Well I spoke to Kyle and he told me his side. He told me that he drove your mate to the beach because your mate said that was his home. Your mate had said at his home there was treatment for Liam's condition. Your mate had promised him to be back at sunset tomorrow at that beach and for Kyle to pick him up. Kyle swore oath to me that he was not lying and that your mate was not injured. Pup, was what he did was wrong in a way? Yes. He should not have snuck your mate out without your knowledge or let him leave pack lands without you knowing, especially when the bond is so fresh. But we are Kyles intentions ill? No, he was trying to save his mate and a member of the pack. You would have done just the same if you were in his position. He did not try to betray the pack or hurt the future Luna. "

My dad said.

I looked down guilt eating me up. Kyle was my best friend and has never betrayed me. He always had my back through everything. I trusted him more than anyone in my life. I know I was just angry and hurt when I said those things to him.

My dad continued when I did not respond.

"So as the official Alpha of the pack, I let Kyle free and he is to keep his title. Before you freak out, he still has punishment. He has dawn patrol for the next two weeks and I had his dad take away his car for three weeks."

My dad said petting my head. I just nodded and looked down; I am sure shocking my parents.

"I know I was wrong to say and do those things to him. I was just so angry at the time and hurt he would do something like that behind my back. I probably never was going to strip his title, I just wanted to scare him."

I told my dad.

My dad smiled at me and nodded.

"Don't feel down son, you mate will be back tomorrow. Then we can sort this mess out. I have faith that your mate truly did want to help Liam and wasn't just running away."

He said kissing my forehead. I nodded and snuggled into my mama who finally spoke up.

"Mates always come back to each other honey, if they leave it's always for a good reason, never to get away. Just go with Kyle at sunset tomorrow and I know the air will be cleared. Now how does some fettuccine Alfredo and ice cream sound?"

He said sitting up and kissing my cheeks.

I nodded my head and gave him a small smile.

"Thank you, mama and dad. You guys always know how to make me feel better."

They smiled at me and left the room, leaving me to my thoughts of my gorgeous mate.