Chapter 32

A Q U A R I U S

Today marked two weeks and two days since I have been away from my mate

Today marked two weeks and two days since I have been away from my mate. Yesterday I thought I had felt a small life force inside me but as quickly as it appeared, it left.

I think I could not sense it correctly since I was in distress about being away from my mate. It was taking a toll on me, but I refused to be a depressed lump on the floor.

The creature, who Morrisey and I decided to call Zale, had been surprising us more and more every day. He was becoming wonderfully comfortable around us and starting to communicate with nods and hand signals. I knew he understood us, but he refused to let us know or acknowledge that.

The other day Morrisey slipped and cut his leg. In a flash Zale walked over to him, grabbed his leg, and was able to heal it. He left Morrisey and I astonished but acted like it was no big deal.

Today we all sat eating and I explained how the human world worked to Zale.

"So, the people who kidnapped you or held you hostage, those were hunters. They are mean humans who kill and experiment on the supernatural. The people I was with are werewolves. They have a human form like Morrisey and I but shift into an animal called a wolf. Now a wolf is a creature that only lives on land. I am a merman. I live in the ocean like Morrisey and you. Merfolk live in tribes around the ocean much like Mish. There's a lot of creatures like Morrisey and I in the ocean."

I said to Zale who was listening intently. On the outside he seemed uninterested, but I knew from living with him for a bit he was soaking this stuff in. His eyebrows were slightly raised giving away his interest and for once he had his back turned away from the water giving us his full attention.

"You know, if you have a human form, I would love to see it. Then we could talk! You could even come back and live with us! Maybe you have a soul mate! All creatures do!"

I said clapping my hands. Suddenly, a wave of nausea hit me, and I gagged making Morrisey jump.

"AWAY FROM WHERE WE SLEEP, AWAY FROM WHERE WE SLEEP DAMN IT!"

Yelled Morrisey as I ran over and vomited into a little hole in the cave. I jumped when I felt a big hand on my bag, but knew what Zale was doing when waves of calmness rushed over me.

He was helping soothe my stomach with his powers.

"Are you okay?"

Came Morrisey's voice. I groaned but nodded.

"Yeah, I just think my stomach isn't used to so much seafood anymore. If been a while since I've eaten so much all at once."

I said groaning at my sore back.

Damn I missed my bed.

Zale walked in front of me and leaned down, sniffing me.

Maybe I smelled? I mean it has been like two weeks since I showered.

He looked down at me with golden eyes and touched my stomach. He shrieked, but I did not understand.

"What? I am sick? Yeah, I just threw up, that happens occasionally. Don't worry Zale."

I said patting his cheek and going to sit down next to Morrisey.

"So, do you think you're going to mate with Kyle and Liam soon?"

I asked wiggling my eyebrows. He flushed red.

"I- I don't know. At times I feel left out since they have been together since they were teenagers, they know how each other work and each other's bodies. Plus, they are mated and Liam's pregnant! I feel I am intruding sometimes, and they are just with me because they must be. I am sure they are just fucking and being with each other while I am gone, not even that bothered since they the baby and each other. I was just like an extra puzzle piece, not needed but could come in handy if anything happens..."

He said sighing and looking down. Immediate I hit him making him jump.

"Ow! What the fuck!"

He said pouting and rubbing his arm.

"You're going to eat your words! Watch both are going to be a wreck when you get home. I am sure they cannot even function right now or be together for exceedingly long without snapping or crying. You are THEIR missing puzzle piece. You complete them just as they complete you."

I said making him smile a bit.

"You really think they miss, want, and need me that bad?"

He said smiling at the thought. I scoffed.

"Yes! Kyle's probably kicking himself in the ass asking why he couldn't get to you sooner and Liam is probably freaking out wondering how he's going to survive if you're dead or how he doesn't have a piece of you to remember you by if you're gone."

I said thinking of how ridiculous the two are. We laughed and he hugged me, thanking me for always being there.

I looked at Zale who walked over and out a hand on my stomach before screeching again. I rolled my eyes.

"I said I'm fine! Probably just too much red snapper! I am going to lay from it for a while and eat kelp. That usually soothes the stomach."

I said patting my belly. He screeched and rolled his eyes this time. I looked at him confused.

"I can't understand you, I'm sorry! I feel fine though! You don't need to worry!"

Zale stomped his foot before turning around and hitting the wall, making Morrisey and I jump. We scooted back in fear and watched as the creature rubbed his face and looked at us. He started at us for what I had to say a solid five to seven minutes before letting out a deep breath.

His body immediately started to shake as he closed his eyes and he let out a big shriek. Morrisey and I watched wide eyed as Zale hunched over and hugged his stomach like he was in a lot of pain, which it looked like he was.

Screeched turned to screams as his scales turned to skin and disappeared, hair grew from his head and on his face, and he shrunk down to a more acceptable height.

By the end of it a large panting man was on the floor groaning and Morrisey and I sat wide mouth in shock. I sputtered as one thing came to mind and I turned to Morrisey.

"I FUCKING TOLD YOU, BITCH!"

EDITED 11/12/20