An unexpected date

The song is, Well mostly because I love hearing Zac sing and it's from his Broadway play "First date"

*Zaina*
I fidget with the napkin, moving a bit in my seat. Taking my phone out looking at it for the hundredth time...Still no call or message and he is now 35 min late. As I put it away I see the waitress make a b-line for me once again, and I just want to hide under the table.

She stops in front of me.. all glossy black hair, pulled back in a tight ponytail and perfect deep red nails tabbing the little note block she write her orders on. "So miss, are you ready to order now ?"

"No sorry, my date is running a bit late... Maybe just a glass of water as I wait". I say in a low voice. I don't want the other guests to know. It feels humiliating enough sitting her alone, all dressed up.

The waitress almost rolls her eyes.. I am sure of it.. then she sends me a condescending smile instead, before going to get my water.

Ten minutes later I feel the waitress staring at me again and I am cursing Michael.. my boyfriend.. or well I thought he was. This was supposed to be our fifth date, and suddenly he is a no show.

He has never been late before and I hope for him that he is lying dead in a ditch somewhere or I am going to kill him for standing me up like this.

I feel the apologetic looks and pitiful glances the other guests are sending me.. No, I have been humiliated enough... It is time for me to get out of here and fast too, hoping I never meet any of these people again.

Just as I am about to get up, a man pulls out the other chair. He sends me a bright and beautiful smile as he sits down. He is very handsome, but he is definitely not Michael. "Sorry, I'm so late darling. Traffic is like killer crazy right now".

I am about to object.. to tell him he is at the wrong table.. but he leans in, placing a soft kiss on my cheek. Whispering in my ear. "I'm Zac by the way.. Just go with it okay ? Whoever didn't bother to show up must be absolutely bonkers".

"It's okay, you can't control traffic". I hear myself say... Well he is being very sweet and trying to help save me from total humiliation.. not to mention that he is like ridiculously handsome, well I did mention that before, but he really is, so why not ?

He picks up the menu, looking through it. His warm hazel eyes scanning the pages. "So .. darling, what do you want to eat ?"

"Zaina". I whisper, leaning closer, getting a whiff of his scent... He smells clean, but masculine, but sweet and a bit spicy. "Hmm I think I'll take the salmon.. if have heard it should be amazing".

"Well then I think I'll have the same, and what do you say, a bottle of white wine ?" He is looking at me, one eyebrow slightly raised. He really is handsome, okay I need to stop saying that. With ruffled dark hair and a heavy stubble. There is something familiar about his face though, like someone you used to know.

I nod. "White wine sounds great, maybe that one". I point to the one fitting best with the salmon. Zac smiles and gives our order to the grumpy waitress.

"So as we are on a date, tell me something about yourself... Like what do you do, when you are not sitting here all by your lonesome looking lost ?" His eyes kind of zoom in on me and it is like being caught in a ray of sunshine, especially as he smiles. He has one of those smiles that just lights up a room.