Who's the devil here

2 days later
*Zac*
I have been out shopping for new clothes. Picking up a bit here and there. Wishing Zaina was with me, but she had to go to work. Suddenly I hear a harsh voice behind me. "Oh so I hear you have moved in with my daughter now. People are talking you know".

"Mrs Robinson". I say turning slowly to see her mother stalk towards me. "How quint to meet you here... And yeah, Zaina is so gracious as to let me stay with her as my home burned in the thunderstorm".

She huffs. "Home.. you call a trailer a home.. there is a reason for the word trailer trash my dear". She smiles sweetly at me.

"You know I would love nothing more than to stand here and chat with you. But you know what, I have things to do and places to go". I say, turning to walk away, better to remove myself from the situation and not escalate it.

But the damn woman follows me. "You know what it was right ? The lightning striking down evil. It is God's punishment for you seducing my daughter to sin.. for your fornication".

"Well your daughter ain't complaining". I instantly want to kick myself for letting her get to me. It won't help stooping to her level. I turn to look at her. "Listen I know you don't like me...But I love your daughter.. and I know you do too.. Could we try getting along for her sake ?"

"You are not worthy of my daughter and hopefully she will realise soon. You're a freak, nothing but a sinner". She hisses at me.

I shake my head and turn away. I need to get away. To keep her out of my head. "I am sorry you feel like that. Maybe we should just stay away from each other. For Zaina's sake".

But she keep following me, muttering words like sinner, freak, fornicator and my personal favorite.. spawn of the devil. Making people look weirdly at us. Luckily I have much longer legs, so walking fast I get farther and farther in front of her and finally she gives up.

I need to get some air, so I keep walking. Trying to shake the feeling of self hate and insecurity her words sparked in me. I know I shouldn't let her get to me, but I grew up with an abusive mother and even though I have had a lot of therapy to feel better, well sometime the pain pokes back out.

Honestly had Zaina just been some random girl I kind of liked, I would have been out of here. I would not have been able to deal with this. But she is the love of my life, so I bite it down for her sake.

*Zaina*
I come home from work in the evening, expecting Zac to be there, but he isn't. So I try calling him, the phone going directly to his answering machine. Where could he be ?

Outside the rain is coming down hard and the temperature has dropped significantly. I really hope he is inside somewhere and not out in the cold.

I try to occupy myself watching a movie on TV, but honestly I don't really get it, I am to worried about Zac. I change to the weather channel. Apparently temperatures has dropped below freezing point which is previously unheard of at this time of year.

Hearing the door open, I breathe a sigh of relief. Zac walks in, putting down some bags. "Where have you been babe ? I tried calling you".

"Sorry darling I.. I had a run in with your mother and I needed some air. Kind of got lost and my phone went dead". His voice is trembling slightly.

I get up, seeing that his hands are shaking and his skin has a bluish tint to it. "Is something wrong Zac ? Are you okay ?"

"Just a little cold. Got caught in the damn rain and then it got cold". His teeth start chattering and he looks almost in pain.

Touching him I quickly pull away my hand. "Oh babe, you are freezing. Let's get you out of these clothes and into a warm shower".

I quickly help him undress as his cold hands fumbles, and get him into the shower. "Thank you darling, I just need some warmth".

"Stay here and I go make some soup for you to warm you up from inside too". I tell him and hurry out into the kitchen, getting my homemade spicy tomato soup going.

Then I take my biggest most fluffy towel and go to the bathroom, were Zac has gotten a more healthy colour. Getting him dried up quickly and tucked into bed with a soft blanket and my winter duvet. Then I go get the tomato soup.

While he eat the soup, making small sounds of happiness, I shrug out of my clothes and slide down beside him. He is still cold, but much better now. He puts the empty bowl on the bed table. "That is the best tomato soup I ever had baby. Thank you".

"Oh it's nothing special. Are you feeling better ?" I am still worried for him. Being out in weather this cold in wet clothes isn't healthy.

He pulls me into him, winding our legs together and kissing the top of my head. "Now I feel much better. Just tired".

"Then sleep my love. You definitely deserve it and probably need it". I say, stroking his back softly until he drift of to sleep. Then I close my eyes and drift off too.