When your blind date is Tom Hiddleston

*Zac*
I have picked up Tom at the airport and we have been spending the day preparing a barbecue. We have set up a low table with pillows around to sit on. Hoping the girls are going to like it.

"Is that seriously what you are going to wear for a date Tom ?" I look at him. He is wearing his most worn down black jeans with a big rip above one knee and a T-shirt that is so worn out it is barely there.

He run a hand through his hair, at least it is neatly trimmed and he only has a couple of days worth of stubbles, as he has just finished a movie. "Well it's casual right and a blind date. You are wearing jeans and a T-shirt too".

"Well I already got the girl Tom. And my clothes isn't worn to pieces". I say, shaking my head. "How people keep voting you best dressed is a real mystery".

He flashes me a smile. "Well because I am so damned charming and I have a very talented stylist that always makes me look good on the red carpet. And Zac this was to make you happy.. I am not out to get the girl".

I don't say anything, man he is so going to change his mind when he meets her. I am absolutely sure of it. This is going to be so much fun.

I hear a car pull up and Zaina jumps out. She looks amazing in a yellow dress and her hair held back by some intricate braids. Tom looks up. "I am not like really lucky and she is my date, am I ?"

"Oh no Hiddles, she is all mine. So better keep your filthy thoughts away. But she is amazing right ?" I can't help smiling. I am so proud to be with her.

He slaps me on the shoulder. "No doubt man, you did good with that one, at least regarding looks, but from what you tell she is sweet and fun too, so yeah, you're a lucky man".

"Oh don't I know". I walk over to Zaina, hugging her and giving her a quick kiss. "Hi darling, missed you. Do you know if Avery is on the way ?"

She is just staring over my shoulder at Tom standing just out of earshot when she speaks in a low but high pitched voice. "Darling is that Tom Hiddleston.. ? are you telling me that Avery's blind date is Tom ? Are you trying to kill her ?"

"Uh what ? Why ? No.. Tom is a great guy and I thought they would make a cute couple and I actually think they will hit it of". I might look a bit confused.

She makes a face at me I can't quite decipher. "Zac for God's sake.. she has like a huge crush on Tom.. she is going to faint or something".

"Whoops, I had no idea". I look at Tom and smile. "Honestly I just thought she might be exactly the woman he is looking for".

"Your responsibility Zac, all yours". She says, sending me a glare, before going to say hi to Tom. And I am left hoping Avery won't actually faint.

*Zaina*
I must admit I have to take an extra breath before walking over to Tom. Damn that man is handsome and he just have this kind of almost glow about him. "Hi Tom, a pleasure to meet you".

"The pleasure is all mine Zaina. I have been looking forward to meeting the woman that is putting a smile like that on Zac's face". He pulls me into a hug like we are old friends.

A hug from Tom is almost as good as a hug from Zac, but that is just my humble opinion. "Well Zac is always smiling, not sure it has anything to do with me".

"Oh it definitely has to do with you darling, no doubt about it". He sends me one of those smiles and I just know Avery is going to melt like ice cream on an texan summer day.

Somehow he makes me relax and forget who he is. I mean, I am used to Zac, why shouldn't I be able to talk to Tom. "You are just a real charmer ain't you ?"

"He is.. Save some of that charm for your own date Tom". Zac says grinning, as he winds his arms around me from behind.

Tom raises one eyebrow, sending Zac a smirk. "You are not afraid my charms will work on your beautiful girlfriend, are you now Zac ?"

Right then Avery's car pull up beside mine, and I free myself from Zac's arms. "I better go warn her about her date.. no offence Tom.. but she might get a shock otherwise".

"None taken darling". Tom says and Zac looks a tad disappointed, making me send him a glare. Then I hurry over to her car.

She opens the door and I kind of stand in her way, sending her a sweet smile. "Hi Avery, good to see you again. Glad you could come".

"Uhh hi Jala, what is up with the welcome speech ? Oh God it's about my date right, is he that bad ? Or is he a no show ?" She asks me, looking rather disappointed.

I let out a pent up breath. "Well neither, I just thought it best to kind of warn you, so you.. Wouldn't faint or something".

"Why would I..". I step aside, so she can see Tom standing next to Zac and her jaw just drops. Then she turns around and get in the car closing the door.

I knock on her door, but she just shakes her head. Luckily she haven't locked it, so I open the door. "What are you doing ?"

"Going home, can't deal with this right now. I can't go on a date with him". She makes a motion with her hand towards Tom.

I look at Tom, both him and Zac are looking a bit confused. Then I look back on her. "Why not ? Isn't he like your total dream man ?"

"That's the problem. I am going to embarrass myself totally. I mean I am just me, he is fucking Tom Hiddleston". She looks like she wants to run away.

I sigh, I kind of get her. I mean I found it overwhelming and I am not the one going on a date with him. "Avery, you will regret forever if you don't... And he is such a nice guy actually".

She looks like she is thinking deeply, then she glare at me and get out, almost stomping over there, on her way pointing her finger in Zac's face, giving him a glare too. Stopping in front of Tom. "You are Tom Freaking Hiddleston, why aren't you some chubby geek".

"Uhh I thought my middle name was William, but I am okay with Freaking if it makes you happy, and uhh sorry to disappoint you darling". He say, looking rather amused.

*Avery*
That smile he sends me is totally unarming and I feel all the tension and fear melt away. He might be all hot and gorgeous and famous, but he is still just a man. I look at him and he looks at me and suddenly we just break down laughing.

"Okay I think I need to try that again. Hi I am Avery". I hold out my hand to him, but he pulls me into his arms, hugging me.

"I am Tom, a pleasure to meet you darling". He say as he lets me go, then he picks up something from the table, holding it towards me. "I picked these for you".

It is a bouquet of Texas wildflowers, they are so beautiful and I can't help smiling. "Oh, thank you Tom, that is so considerate of you".

"It was nothing special really, but you should always bring your date flowers". He says softly, taking me free hand and kissing it softly. "They unfortunately are no match for your beauty".

I see Zaina glare at Zac who shrugs and mumbles. "It's a British thing".

She shakes her head and comes over to me. "Come on Avery, let's go inside and find something to put these in water".

"Sure, then I can see the inside of this palace as well". I say, winking at Zac, who very maturely stick out his tongue at me.