Karaoke night

*Zaina*
"Karaoke, we are going to a karaoke bar ?" I say, swallowing nervously. "Just don't expect me to get up and sing".

He takes my hand, sending me a teasing smile. "Well don't say no just yet... I am pretty sure I can talk you into doing at least a duet with me".

"Don't get your hopes up". I tell him, letting him pull me with him inside. The room is a cosy bar, with a lot of two persons tables and disco lights.

We get a table up close to the stage and Zac go get us a couple of drinks, placing them in front of us. "That looks toxic". I say looking at the bright blue cocktail.

"It's called a polar bear.. I thought it sounded fun". He say smiling brightly as he sits down. There still isn't to many people at the bar, and no one is singing yet.

I know he can sing.. I mean he has done Broadway musicals and worked with Disney... But one thing is singing in a studio, it is something else doing it live, at least I think it is and I really hope he is going to sing. "So do you plan on getting up there and sing".

"Of course". He says taking a sip of his drink. "Actually might be one of my many flaws.. I am not really capable of saying no to karaoke".

I take a sip of my own drink, it is fresh and taste good, not like alcohol at all. "One of your many flaws ? Please let me hear.. what are the others then ?"

"Hmm not sure I am supposed to tell you on our.. what does this count as.. first date ? Second date ?". He looks at me, his head slightly tilted to the left.

Well good question, I mean where do we stand ? How is it the rules are ? No hanky panky before third date right ? What about kissing ? "Our one and a half date ?"

"Let's say that". He chuckles lightly. "Still not sure about revealing all my flaws this soon, might scare you off.. send you running for the hills".

"Come on.. I'll start.. my most pronounced flaws are.. hmm I talk in my sleep, and I tend to colour coordinate things and I sometimes dances at totally inappropriate times". I say, before taking another sip of my drink.

He just looks at me for a moment. "See that is it.. we must be soul-mates...I both dance and sing and all times and places, my ex-wife hated that. I wear my heart on my sleeve and sometimes I lose faith in myself".

"She must have been crazy.. I see nothing wrong in that. And wearing your heart on your sleeve, I see that as a good thing". I tell him. "And we all lose faith in ourselves at times, we even lose faith in the lord sometimes".

The smile he sends me, is the most beautiful smile I have ever seen, it lights up his face and lights up the room... It literally takes my breath away. His hand takes mine, squeezing it. "Thank you... Actually it has been much worse, but I have worked hard on myself this last year".

People has started filling the bar and the bartender gets on stage. "Time for karaoke night, is someone volunteer to be the first one up here ?"

"I'd be happy to". Zac says, getting up, and winking at me before taking the stage. He bends down to whisper in the bartenders ear which song to put on.

The music starts and I am blown away by his voice, it's so powerful, soulful and beautiful.. Even better than I expected. It's like it speaks to me as he throws himself into a rendition of Queen's - Somebody to love

When he is done everyone is standing up clapping, including me...He is smiling happily when he comes down to the table. "Wow Zac, that was amazing. But a little dangerous, just about every woman in here is ready to volunteer to love you, long and hard by the way they look at you".