| Chapter 5, Dream landscape

|You bleed, we crawl like animals, but when it's over, I'm still awake

|Song: Silhouettes, Of Monsters And Men

|||

Dawn's P.O.V.

'She is not going to make it.'
'Of course she is! Or else we'll force her.'
'We cannot force her to live.'
'No we can't, but we can give her a reason to want to live.'
'And what might that be?'
'Her friends.'

I tried to open my eyes and see who was speaking but I felt so incredibly weak that I couldn't even move my fingers. I didn't know what they had done to me but it wasn't good. At all. It felt like I had been here for years. They had given me so many pills and injections. They gave me weird dreams and made strange and yet familiar faces appear before me. I didn't know if it was possible but I thought that somehow they were giving me my memories back. The voices who had been talking went silent but I couldn't tell if they had been in my head or not. Reality and dreams had become one.

I wanted to move but it only made my head hurt more. So I just lay back in the chair. Sounds blurred together as darkness took me again.

The room was small and dark. The curtains were closed, three people were sitting on the couch. A man and two little girls. The man seemed nervous since he was playing with the zipper of his coat the whole time. 

'Daddy, when are they coming?' The girl who seemed to be the oldest asked.  

The man looked up at her and messed her hair. 'Soon sweetie soon.' 

'I'm scared,' the youngest admitted. 

The father smiled and took her on his lap. 'It's going to be fine. We are going to safe the world, you shouldn't be afraid of greatness.'

The little girl smiled and hugged him.

Suddenly the door was thrown open. Three man in black coats and with black masks on their faces walked into the room. 'It's time,' the biggest of them snapped.

The father took a deep breath and took the hands of this daughters. With his head held high he walked outside into the bright sunlight. There was a Berg waiting for them with more guards dressed in the same black coats standing on the street to make sure no one would escape. Suddenly two guards came from behind and separeted the girls away from their father.

The youngest started to cry, while the oldest was fighting to break free from their grip. 

'Safe the world! Find a cure!' their father screamed.

The guards walked inside the Berg, taking the girls with them. The door was about to close. 

'Wait!' The father suddenly screamed, 'wait!' 

One of the guards turned around. 'What do you want?'  He snapped. 

'I can help! I can help safe the world! I'm a doctor, I can help.' 

The guard doubted a few seconds, allowing the father to go on.

'I know a lot about a science, and I have studied the human brain for years. If there is someone who can help you, it's me!'

Suddenly the guard started to laugh. 'So that is what this is all about. We got a call from a man telling us he knew two immune girls and where to find them. He didn't give a name because that wouldn't be safe.' The big guard spat the last word as if it was food for mouses and rats. 'Don't tell me you sold your own daughters just so you could go somewhere safe and be a dirty hero.'