| Chapter 25, The killer inside

|I must confess that I feel like a monster

|Song: Monster, Skillet

|||

Lisa's P.O.V.

Thomas screamed and started to hit the bloody hand, but the Crank was too strong and pulled him out of our hiding spot.
I screamed his name and crawled after him. Just in time to witness the Crank slamming Thomas's body against the wall. His face smashed against the concrete.
Brenda crawled after me and as soon as we were away from under the table we both jumped up.
The Crank kept on hitting Thomas against the wall, blood was streaming out of his nose.
I couldn't believe the strength of the monster. He was injured, barely alive and still able to hit a perfect heathly teenager against a wall.
I took my gun but the Crank was faster and hit the thing out of my hand. It flew to the other side of the room. I groaned but before I could do anything Brenda jumped forward with a knife in her hand. She screamed and dove it into the Crank's forearm. The man let out a demonic wail and let go of Thomas shirt. He disappeared through the doorway his shrieks of pain continued, loud with trailing echoes.

'We can't let him get away!' Brenda yelled. 'Hurry, c'mon!'
I helped Thomas standing, both knowing Brenda was right we starting making our way into the tunnel. After the Crank. If the man reached the other Cranks they'd all come back. They might have heard him screaming and already be on their way.
The Crank was only a few feet away, holding his wounded arm against his chest. Our eyes met and he snarled like a wounded animal, bit at the air and I felt a sudden rage coming up inside my body.
It was so sudden and so much stronger than ever before that I had no control over it. I felt a burning pain behind my eyes and knew they were turning red.

Brenda came standing next to me and held out her knife. 'Should've gone with your psycho friends old man. Should've known better than to mess with us,' she hissed.

Instead of responding the man suddenly spun around, kicking his leg with shocking speed and strength. He hit Brenda sending her crashing into Thomas, she dropped the knife. In a split second I realized what was happening and dove forward towards the knife but the Crank was faster and took it. Quickly I took my arm back before he would cut me.

Suddenly Thomas took a leap and tackled the man to the ground. The man spun, swinging his elbow as he did so. It connected with Thomas his jaw and I swear I heard it crack.
My sight suddenly turned red and I shook my head to get it away. I could not be controlled by Wicked right now! I had to stay sane! But I knew it was hopeless, the high level of adrenaline that was flying through my veins right now was making it harder for me to focuse and so easier for them to take control.

Brenda jumped on the Crank, hit him in his face twice, surprising him. She took advantage of the brief moment and with a strong grip she turned the man around so he lay on his stomach, flat on the floor. She grabbed his arms and pinned him against the floor, pushing him up in a way that looked incredibly painful. He started screaming, a horrific sound of pure terror.

'We have to kill him!' Brenda yelled over the sound.

'What?' Thomas asked, looking completely horrified.

'Get the knife we have to kill him!'

The Crank kept screaming, the sound was unnatural, inhuman.

Suddenly all those sounds were pushed to the background.
I groaned and felt how my anger grow. How my free will was taken over. Then a huge headache came setting up and I screamed. My scream grew together with that of the Crank. Thomas looked horrified at me. Brenda's eyes widened and I knew why, my eyes had turned red.

Then I lost all control. Someone had taken over my body. With a fast pace I walked back into the room, took the gun from the ground and walked back into the tunnel.
My vision was red, my heart beat speeding up.
I reached Brenda and the Crank and pointed my gun at the struggling monster.
'Turn him around,' I hissed, but it wasn't my voice, this voice was cold distant and robot-like.
Brenda's eyes flashed with what looked like determination and fear at the same time. Then she let out a cry of effort and fell to the right side of the Crank, using her body and grip to turn him over. Impossibly, his shrieks grew even louder. His chest was now for the taking. Strange enough his screams didn't effect me, nor did the fact that I was about to take a life.
I pointed my gun at his heart and suddenly smirked, I had no control over the words coming out of my mouth. 'Death is what creatures like you deserve.'

Then with a flash and a bang I fired my gun and with one last scream the Crank died.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I was sane enough to hope the headache would disappear and that whoever was in control of my body would let go. But it didn't happen.
My body jumped forward and started to hit the Crank. Everywhere. My fists covered his whole body. Making him even more hideous than he already was. I vagely remembered screaming and cursing while hitting him.
Voices blurred to the background and I kept on hitting him.

'LISA!' Thomas screamed in my ear and took my arm with a firm grip. Heavily breathing I turned to him. His eyes looked at me with real concern. And for once, I noticed, I didn't care that someone was concerned about me. Shuck it, I was concerned about me.
Brenda stood a little bit away, her eyes wide. I looked at my fist, it was bloody and bruised, then back at the crank. His chest was bleeding from where I had shot him. His face was even more hidious than before.

I let out a sob and jumped off his body. The headache was gone and I knew my eyes were back to normal.

'What-' I mumbled and felt how I suddenly was unable to breath.

I remembered. I remembered every detail of what happened. Other than what happened before when I turned "crazy" I now remembered every detail. And suddenly I cried. Panicing, I started cleaning my hands with my shirt and then realized how bloody and filthy my shirt was and gave up.

Thomas took me in his arms and comforted me while I cried.
I didn't care, nothing mattered at the moment. Whatever was happening to me, it was getting worse. I was a danger to everyone. I'd been wrong when I thought I could control it. What was I suppose to do?

And then I cried even harder.

|||

Hey guys!

Holy Klunk, I am so nervous, serieusly i've been jumping around the house all day long. Because today I get to hear if I passed my exams! They can call me any minute and I Am Just So Nervous.

So I decided to update now to get my mind of things. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and please let me know your thoughts!

xXx

UYM