| Chapter 30, Party with the Gone

|Make the devil your friend, just remember what I said, cause it isn't over yet

|Song: Where the lonely ones roam, Digital Daggers

|||

Lisa's P.O.V.

Completely shocked I stared at the guy before us. How did he know Thomas? Better yet how did he know that this was Thomas? My mind was spinning to try and catch up with everything, but it all went too fast.
Before Thomas got a chance to respond at the strange welcome words the huge guy pulled us inside. Then started guiding us through a tightly packed crowd of dancing bodies, jumping and hugging and spinning. The music was so loud, each beat of the drums was like a hammer hitting my head. Several flashlights had been hung up on the ceiling, sending beams of light slashing across the room.

The huge man leaned over and yelled at us. 'Thank God for batteries. Life's gonna shuck when those run out!'
'How did you know my name!' Thomas yelled back. 'Why were you waiting for me?'
The man laughed. 'We watched you all night. Then this morning we saw your reaction to the sign through a window-figured you had to be the famous Thomas!'

It all made little sense to me. What did they want with Thomas? He couldn't possibly lead a city like this, could he?
Brenda had hooked her arm through mine, to stop me from getting lost in the crowd. The other one she had around Thomas waist. We shared worried glares when we heard the man his words. She probably was thinking the same as me. We had to get out of here. As soon as possible.

I threw a look over my shoulder and saw Blondie and his friends following on our heels. His gun was gone but I knew that as soon as we tried to make a move he would not hesitate to put us down. The music blared, it made it hard to think or come up with any sort of plan. Somewhere right in the middle of the dance floor, the huge man stopped and turned to us.

'We really want you to join us!' He shouted. 'We could protect you from the bad Cranks.' Again it didn't make any sense to me. 'I'll go and get a drink,' the man said and left through the crowd. This could be our chance.

I turned around only to see Blondie and the others watching us. They weren't even dancing, just watching. When I turned back around I noticed Brenda and Thomas slowly dancing with their arms around each other. 'Blend in,' Brenda whispered at me when she noticed my glare. Then she turned back towards Thomas and whispered something in his ear and suddenly I felt very alone.
A shiver ran down my spine and I wrapped my arms around myself. My eyes went around the room. I knew there was no escaping this place, blending in and waiting for the right opportunity seemed to be the only chance we had. I met Blondie's gaze and again he licked his lips. Disgusted I turned away, nerves settling in my stomach. I knew I could beat him but somehow my body was refusing it. The music was too loud to even think straight. If I just had listenen to myself and pulled out my gun back in the alley then we wouldn't be in this klunk situation.

Suddenly the huge man appeared again, holding three cups in his hands. Half of the drink had spilled but he didn't seem to care. 'Drink up,' he called out. Brenda and Thomas stopped dancing and came standing next to me. I saw the doubt on Thomas his face and I knew it was stupid to just drink something a Crank gave you. But I was thirsty, hungry, tired and alone. Actually right now...I couldn't care less. So before Thomas could come up with some stupid lie about why he wouldn't drink it, I already took the cup and drank it all. It burned like fire in my throat but somehow it was a nice feeling. The drink left a warm, fuzzy feeling in my stomach

Thomas looked at me like I was crazy but all I did was shrugging. Then I dropped the cup on the floor and started dancing. They were the ones telling me to blend in and they seemed to realise that as well because I noticed Brenda and Thomas had drank as well and were back to dancing together again.
Suddenly I didn't care all that much they didn't included me in their little talk. Probably some romantic klunk about promises and the safe haven. The drink did something weird to me, but I liked it. A shooting warmth, calmness, growing and spreading through my body. It felt nice to have my worries wash away like this. For once I didn't have to think, I didn't have to feel, I could put my brain on pause for what felt like the first time in my life.

The room had started to spin around me, far faster than I was dancing. People's faces seemed to stretch when they laughed, their mouths turning into gaping black holes. The music slowed and thickened, and I enjoyed it. Suddenly I felt someone's hands on my waist. My body froze and slowly I turned around, my eyes squinted as I tried to remember the face.

'Minho?' I whispered.

The person didn't react and kept on dancing with me. Once again I called out his name. 'Minho!' The person looked at me his face a blur, moving into directions it shouldn't be going.
'It's okay love, just keep dancing,' the person whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine as his lips touched my ear. That wasn't Minho's voice.
I turned to look again and suddenly the person had a face. It was a Griever, staring at me with his dead face, blood streaming out of his mouth. A high pitched scream left my lips. Panicking I turned around and started making my way through the crowd, away I had to get as far away from the monster as I could. Somewhere deep in the back of my mind I knew it couldn't be true. There were no Grievers here, but as I looked over my shoulder I suddenly saw a whole crowd of them, following me with their machines and needles. It didn't made any sense but still I ran anyway, pushing people out of the way, their laughter ringing through my ears.
'Minho!' I yelled, not even knowing why. 'Help!' I screamed, my throat raw, my legs tired. 'Help...' I whispered.
The room went dark, a scream came from behind me, I turned around, lost my balance and fell to the ground. My eyes were closing, I couldn't, I had to stay awake, but they refused to listen to me.

Then Blondie's face appeared above me. 'My name is not Minho. Whoever that is, I don't think you'll ever see him again.'
I opened my mouth to respond but no sound came out. No of it made sense. He took his gun, but I wasn't afraid.
I closed my eyes, tears streaming down my aching face. 'Minho...' I whispered, again not knowing why. I just wanted him to be here. I even thought I heard his scream before everything went dark.