| Chapter 32, Young Gods

|I'm a king and you're a queen and we will stumble through heaven

|Song: Young god, Halsey

|||

Lisa's P.O.V.

My heart started beating faster. Just seeing him was enough to make me forget all about the klunk situation we were in. Then I remembered me desperately screaming his name last night but I quickly shook that off me. Minho was here, and he was alive! He looked horrible, but he was alive. 'What...how...' Thomas stammered. Minho smiled, a very welcome sight. 'We'd just found you. Did you think we were gonna let these bunch of shuck-faces do anything to you? You owe me. Big-time.'
A small smile appeared on my lips, it was good to see he hadn't changed one bit.
'What do you mean you found us?' Thomas asked, a bright smile forming on his face.
M

inho walked forward and started cutting the tape. 'Jorge's been leading us through the city, avoiding Cranks and finding food.' He finished up with Thomas and went to free Brenda, still talking over his shoulder.
Somehow it hurt that he left me for last.
'Yesterday morning we walked to the mountains, carefully. Dawn was peeking around the corner into that alley up there just as those shanks pulled a gun on you. We got mad, started planning our ambush. Most of those shucks were wasted or asleep,'  Minho finished with Brenda, who immediately pushed her way out of the chair and past Minho.
She walked towards Thomas but hesitated. She was mad, and I wondered what had happened between them.
Thomas stood up as well but plopped back in the chair. 'Oh, man. Anybody got some asprin?'
Minho laughed.
Brenda made her way to the bottom of the stairs and watched with her arms folded how Minho cut me free from the tape. I ripped the tape off my mouth and stood up.

We simply stared at each other for a while and then I wasn't able to hold myself back anymore. I threw my arms around him and pulled him into a hug.
For the longest moment he simply stood there, completely frozen, then he awkwardly patted me on the back and finally returned the hug.
'Thank you,' I whispered, trying to keep the hurricane of emotions from breaking out of me.
We let each other go and Minho nodded, his eyes avoiding my face at every cost. 'It was nothing really.'
A small smirk formed on my face as I shook my head and walked towards the stairs as well. I couldn't wait to see the others.
'Let's get out of here,' I told Brenda.
She nodded and together we made our way up stairs.

The smell hit me first, like sweat and vomit. Carefully I opened the door. Bodies lay all across the floor, some were sleeping, some shivering and a few looked dead.
Jorge, Newt, Aris and Dawn were there, standing guard slowly turning in circles and keeping their weapons ready. The other Gladers were standing by the door, also weapons ready.
Relief washed over me when I saw them all standing here. Alive and well. Just be sure I counted them.

Ten.

They lost one.

I took a deep breath but decided to shake it off me and walked towards Dawn.

She had a gun in her hand and pointed at Blondie, she had a grim look on her face. I narrowed at the weapon and noticed it was Blondie's gun. Once I reached them she looked up and smiled at me. Slowly she lowered the gun and gave me a strong hug.
I laughed. 'There's no need to squeeze me to death after I just got back,' I coughed.
Dawn let me go with a smile on her face. 'I'm just happy you're okay.'
I gave her a slight smile back. If she only knew...But now was not the time to tell her. So I nodded. 'Happy you're okay too.'

Suddenly someone wrapped his arm around me shoulder. It was Newt. 'Glad you're not bloody dead, you too Tommy. Really, really glad.'
I gave him a genuine smile. His words awoke a warmth inside of me that I was unable to describe. It felt good knowing they had missed me. Just like I had missed them.