Chapter Seventeen

EDITOR WARNING: THIS CHAPTER HAS NOT BEEN EDITED SINCE FIRST DRAFT (2018). MAJOR PLOTHOLES OR INCONSISTENCIES

EREBUS

The masquerade ball was this eve, I thought to myself as I paced in my room atop the tower.
Adrienne would be there.
Her family would be there.
Asteaia would be there.
Fears danced through my head yet again when I considered all the night held. The risk was large... but damn it!

Walking to Aspen's chamber, I knocked loudly.

No answer.

Opening the door, I took in the scene in front of me and quickly slammed the door shut.

Damn it, Aspen! Why does he have to be constantly fucking other vampires?

Moments later, the knob turned as Aspen left the room, now wearing clothes.

"Erebus-" Aspen started.

"I don't care about your sex life, Aspen. I came to inform you I am leaving for Asteaia later today".

"Erebus, going back there isn't a good idea".

"I have a very important reason Aspen. I came to inform you so you don't worry; I know how you do incessantly even though I'm not a boy anymore".

Aspen smirked at that.

"I can't help it with you, always running off at night making the whole kingdom fret" he said laughing.

I gave him a knowing look in return.

"I trust you'll inform Cyan and Damian".

"Of course" Aspen answered before winking at me, heading back into his room.

Smirking, I headed back to my room to prepare for the masquerade.

"Why not use the opportunity to play up what I'm known for?" I thought to myself.

After deciding on a demon's mask, I decided to use my alias;  Marquis Azreal de Cervon. I used my abilities to morph my eyes to appear green. Perfect.

I slipped on my mask and headed out the door.

Now... I have a ball to attend.

As one of my many carriages pulled into the streets of Asteaia, I gazed at the signs adorning the streets about the ball. Businesses were dark as we approached the one still lit building in the town.

Ascending from my carriage, I stepped towards the large wooden doors; yanking them open as I stepped into the light.

"EEKK!" I heard some girls giggle as my eyes scanned the room.

I was looking for her.

Adrienne.

I saw a plump older man walk over to me, two pretty blond girls on his arm? I couldn't tell their age by the amount of makeup they had on.

"Hello Monsieur" the man welcomed with a smile.

"Bonjour. I am the Marquis de Cervon." I answered politely, still scanned the hordes of humans.