Chapter Thirty Four

My jaw dropped...

A regal table stood in the center of the room. In each seat sat an unfamiliar face, all staring at me. Each person was dressed formally and quite regally. I quickly averted my gaze nervously, looking down.

GAH! I just realized I was wearing a dressing robe! My face flushed bright red with embarrassment. I felt a bare arm gently wrap around me and turned my head to see Erebus.

Oh no. He was shirtless; we never changed after bed last night.
Wait what?! Oh God...I can't believe I begged him to sleep beside me last night!
My face grew even more flushed as Erebus led me to the table.

Another handsome vampire shot me a grin, gesturing to one of the only seats that were unoccupied at the table. "Well hello, tiny one. Aren't you just the cutest thing" he drawled, flashing me a fanged smile.

A hiss sounded beside me, as I was pulled into a lap. His lap. I sent Erebus a sharp look. Stupid vampire.

"God Erebus, give the poor girl some room to breathe" a voice laughed from across the table. Erebus sent the voice a sharp look. An awkward silence filled the air as everyone stared at me.

Someone cleared their throat. "Erebus, aren't you going to introduce your... er Adrienne to us?" A man asked. I blushed, embarrassed.

"Forgive my manners. My name is Adrienne, I'm a friend of Erebus's" I answered softly. "Are you sure about that, tiny one?" Another voice asked, laughing.

"Really Asmodeus?" Erebus hissed. The man shuts laughed harder. Erebus's eyes met mine. "This is my family Adrienne, and usual our family meals aren't this quiet nor suggestive" he sent a sharp look to Asmodeus.

"Welcome, Adrienne. I am Aspen, one of Erebus's advisors" the man to the other side of me started. The introductions continued down the table, along with a flurry of names.
Asmodeus, Cyan, Damian, Alessandro, Layla, Velorina and gosh I couldn't even keep track

"I'm Draven. If you ever need a wild night sweetheart, you know who to come to" A man with blond hair drawled, winking at me.

"Gosh Draven, could you stop hoeing around for five minutes! By the way beautiful, I'm Narcisa" the gorgeous redhead at the table said. I nodded and gave her a warm smile.

Erebus didn't say anything but looked mildly uncomfortable. "Poor Erebus. The poor boy just doesn't know what to do with that stiffy" A brunette man laughed. "Erebus, think about bringing you and your little chéri to my room. I can easily mediate the problem".

Everyone at the table choked. Oh god! Was he implying...
Erebus gave the man a sharp look. "Never going to happen Melchior". Everyone laughed this time, including me.

"Leave it to you all to embarrass me. Can we just eat in peace" Erebus protested. At that, a flurry of people rushed in with huge dishes of food. The smell of freshly baked patisserie filled my nose. Mmmm!

Erebus began to pile food onto the huge plate in front of us. I gasped at the large quantities of food everyone was eating. I was never allowed to eat that much, for my mother feared I would become fat.

Suddenly, a fork appeared in front of my mouth. "Open" Erebus drawled as I examined the strawberry at the end of the fork. I reached out, taking the fork from his hand and sliding it into my mouth.

"I can feed myself, you know?" I asked as Erebus's beautiful eyes met mine and softened. Damn him and that adorable look of his!

"I know ma lumiére, I just like caring for you. It makes me feel wanted, needed" he answered softly, running one of his large hands soothingly down my back. I stilled, thinking.