one

alexa's pov

"fucking christ" i say as i stretch my arms out looking at the bright light emerging from my window. like always, i ended up falling asleep on my phone and forgot to close the blinds. i get up stubbing my toe on a shoe i left at the end of my bed. these are just a series of events that happen almost everyday. i look at my alarm clock and realize its half past 9, i was supposed to meet my friends at the airport a half hour ago, fuck.

i rush over to my coffee maker and turn it on quickly, turning around sharply running back to my room. everybody else in the house already knew i was leaving today, not that they cared though. the last few months have been complete chaos trying to figure out all the details about moving to america. but it's going to be so worth it. i'm moving into an apartment with my three bestfriends, laura, lexi, and leah.

i stop talking to myself and grab all my luggage and leftover things. i then quickly hustle over to my closest grabbing the outfit i hung up the night before, it included a brown cardigan, a white shirt, blue jeans, and black vans. i had enough money stored up in my bank account that i could buy furniture once i get to california and not have to go through the hassle of having it shipped. i know the others have money saved up too, so it won't be a huge deal. i check my phone to see multiple text messages from leah, lexi and laura.

laura <333: where the FUCK are you? our plane boards in less than an hour and you aren't even at the airport yet!

lexi: we're going with or without you xoxox

leah: hurry up laura is going crazy

i laugh at them, but then i quickly grab a coffee cup and cap from the pantry and pour the steaming liquid into it, burning myself in the process. i looked around my room one more time and roll my luggage out, goodbye england. goodbye bad memories. hello america.

i rush down the corridor to the lift and it takes me down slowly, this apartment complex has always been shit. once i get out, i make my way to the exit door and down the street, rolling my luggage behind me. the train station wasn't too far away, and the ride wouldn't be too long either. i'll get there in time. the train ride was like usual, everyone was in a hurry.

the train halted to a stop and i looked up to see that it was mine. i latched my fingers around the luggage handles and struggled to pull them out but managed. my phone kept vibrating signaling that i was getting multiple text messages, but i ignore it and stick it into my pocket carrying my things up the stairs.

once i got out of the train station, i made a sharp right which would take me straight to the airport, finally. i pulled out my phone quickly to see that it was 10:00. thank god, i'm not too late. i started to pull my luggage behind me again and i finally made it to the airport. it was very busy but i found a way to navigate myself to check-in and security. surprisingly, it didn't take me that long. i look at my boarding pass and my gate is G-22.

i pass many cafes and people but i finally find them all sitting at our gate. "there you are!" laura says rushing over to me engulfing me into a huge hug which i gladly take, today has been a stressful morning for all of us.

leah and lexi nod at me indicating they were already done with this whole idea, since it was mine in the first place. but since they're such good friends that they dropped everything and agreed. we all wanted to see america after all.

after a bit of waiting, our plane started boarding. this is really happening. i think to myself. i'm getting rid of my past and starting fresh in a brand new place. "earth to alexa! theres our seats!" laura yells at me and i quickly sit down. the flight attendant starts going over the overcom and i plug in my earbuds waiting for everyone to board. once everyone is seated, i take out one of my earbuds and turn my phone on airplane mode. i look over to see leah and lexi arguing over something and i roll my eyes, they've been like this ever since we met in third year. the flight attendant starts speaking again and i lay back, realizing we'll be on this floating cyclinder for at least eleven hours. i yawn before plugging my other earbud in and laying my head onto laura's shoulder while she scrolls through instagram. i close my eyes and drift into a deep sleep.