six

alexa's pov

i realize it was david and immediatly feel the safe warmth around me. he takes me upstairs into a room away from the music and extremely drunk people. once we get inside i walk right to the window and sit down, looking at the beautiful city. besides all the air pollution, and fucked up people, la was truly amazing. my thoughts trail back to alex and i think of all the disgusting things he's probably doing with lexi. i don't know why i'm so jealous, i just met the boy. i cannot like him.

i hug my knees and i take deep breathes. this is not how i should be spending a saturday night. warm arms embrace me in a hug and i breathe in david's cologne, hugging back. david did not nearly drink as much as the others, and i'm grateful. "i'm sorry i told him to do that" david says quietly.

i look at him, i can't see all the details of his face but the light was barely enough to where i could see the outlines. "it's not your fault, it's mine for acting this way," i respond focusing back on the cars below.

"i hate to see you hurt, especially over someone" he whispers still holding me. he was hurt. did i make him hurt? i'm not sure, but i knew in this very moment what i needed to do. i looked at him, finding the outline of his lips and slowly connecting them with mine, sparks. he was taken a back for a second but he kissed back. i shifted myself, holding his face closer to mine and he wrapped his arms around my tiny waist.

before i could kiss him again he pulled away, "as much as i would love to sit here and kiss you, you're hurt. your feelings are everywhere and i don't want to take advantage of you." i nodded, but i know what i felt... i hope felt the same thing.

"do you want to go home?" he asks looking at me.

"no, i don't want to ruin your night" i say standing up and putting out my hands helping him up.

"you could never ruin my night, that was all i needed." he said hinting at the kiss. i smile and realize how good of a person david is. everyone deserves that. "do you wanna go back to my apartment and watch a movie?" he asks.

"that would be lovely" i say grabbing his hand and leading him out of the room down the stairs.

before we leave david talks to scotty telling him that we're not being kidnapped and reminding him that he has a girlfriend, if you know what i mean. i can't help but notice everyone gone, i hope they're not doing anything they regret. i also pray that laura isn't dead. "hey gabbie have you seen laura or leah?" i ask before david finishs up his conversation with scott.

"oh yeahh! one of them went with todd and the other left with zaneeeee" she slurred pointing in different directions. oh no.

i then hesitantly ask, "what about lexi?"

"alex and her disappeared awhile ago, they're probably fucking" she says taking another sip of her beer. i knew it. before i could ask gabbie anymore questions david grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the door, "use a condom!" gabbie yelled from behind us watching me getting dragged away.

"jesus christ david, loosen your grip" i say looking down at his hand.

"oh i'm sorry, did i hurt you?" he asks a sympathetic look forming on his face examining my wrist. i shake my head as he loosens his grip lowering his hand to mine instead of my wrist.

right when we got back to the tesla i asked, "how is everyone else going to get home?" i really cared about my friends being safe, even if one of them isn't my favorite person.

"i talked to scott about it and he'll make sure none of them get run over or steal a car. also, your friend didn't drink so she'll probably manage to get a taxi." i nod and get into the passengers seat david getting into the opposite. it's so weird having a steering wheel on the left side of the car instead of the right, it just didn't feel right. whenever we're be driving i would have a mini heart attack thinking we're on the wrong side of the road, but then realizing it's different here.

as we were at a stop light david looked over at me and placed his hand on my left thigh, just like alex did not even five hours ago. something felt different though, this seemed more genuine then anyone elses... even charlie's. i didn't jump at the slight contact, instead i held the top of his hand radiating the feelings back.

the whole car ride was comfortbley quiet, there was no music but i didn't mind. i watched the cars and shops go by, reminding me so much of my hometown. who knew it would be like this not even after three days. the familiar outside of our parking garage emerged and david took his hand off my thigh, making me the slightest bit sad. things have gone very quickly these past few days, but everything is falling into place. maybe not at the moment, since i'm feeling so conflicted with two boys i haven't even known a week.

once the car halts to a stop david says, "wait here." i can see him running over to my side of the car and opening the door for me, this is how it's supposed to be. i step out as he closes the door grabbing my hand once again and leading me to the lift that connected to our apartment complex. there was no one in the hallways except for us and i enjoyed the silence walking to david's apartment. "dom isn't here don't worry" he says laughing and opening the door letting me step inside first.

"wait i'm gonna go change real quick and i'll come right back" i say realizing i still have my dress on.

"okay, i need to find blankets anyways" david responds turning a corner.

i walked the short distance and opened the door looking at the dark apartment. i flip the light on and quickly rush to my bedroom straight to the closet. when i reach it, i pick out grey nike sweatpants and a white crop top while grabbing a makeup wipe taking off the smeared mascara and oily foundation. i change quickly and throw my clothes in the hamper before pulling on purple socks. my trashcan didn't have a trash bag in it yet, but i still threw the dirty makeup wipe into it; i'll get it tomorrow. i made sure everything was tidy before turning off all the lights and shutting the door.