twenty four

before we start this chapter thank u all so fucking much for 900 reads. i literally checked one day ago and we were at 700. unreal. anyways heres your guys' well deserved chapter. remember to vote, share, & comment. -a

❋❋❋

ALEXA'S POV

THE WORDS "I LOVE YOU" rolled off his tongue easily, making me feel warm and safe. He's said it to me many times before, but this time it felt more real. I still had no control over my emotions at this point, but the only thing I wanted to say was "I love you, I love you, I love you." Because it's crazy that I finally found that person where the simple sentence is so easy to say. Even though my best friend's are in the hospital those were the only words I needed to know that this was all worth it.

Alex sat next to me waiting patiently, grasping onto my hand as tight as he could. The feeling still hasn't sunk in that my friends are at the hospital, but I remain as calm as I can. The door creaks open and I immediately snap my head back, Alex tracing my gaze. A middle-aged man comes in wearing a white doctor's coat, and it makes me feel like were in a scene of Grey's Anatomy.

"Good evening Miss Lucas, and.." He says trailing off since he didn't know Alex's name.

"It's Alex." The blue-eyed boy responds, watching the doctor making his way to the desk. The setting of the small room is eery and dark, making the whole experience more frightening. There was still no true emotion coming from myself, but all I know is that I want to know my friend's condition.

There's a long pause before the doctor opens up his folder, turning a page before setting on it, reading thoroughly. My breath is cold, waiting for the news that is about to come to me. If he takes any longer I might take the folder and read it over myself, but he finally looks at us both. "There isn't any good way to say this," I can already feel tears overwhelming my eyes, my vision becoming slightly blurry, "But Miss Black is in a coma."

❋❋❋

One tear. Two tears. Three tears.

The doctor has left by now, leaving me in my own thoughts cuddled up into this small chair. Alex hasn't said a word, but he's watching me. I can tell he doesn't know what to do, since there is no emotion coming out of me but I can feel tears rubbing the sides of my cheeks. There isn't any loud sobbing or words spoken, it's just silence.

He finally moves and steps the small distance, wiping my cheeks clear of the hot liquid. "It's going to be okay. I promise. Theres still hope and that's all that matters. I'm here, everyone else is here and we're never going to leave. I promise."

With that I started sobbing, louder than any other person in this world. Soaking the front of Alex's sweatshirt of my tears, while he holds me. We're on the floor now sitting with each other and he's stroking my hair, trying his best to calm me down.

There's no point now.

❋❋❋

THE NEXT DAY

It's seemed like days, maybe even weeks but it's only been 24 hours. It's been nothing but on and off crying, and everyone trying to comfort me. I need to get out of the lobby, the setting has become too familiar and I'm starting to lose my mind. Leah and Scott were sleeping, and so was everyone else since it was 2:00 in the morning. It would also be cruel to wake Alex up, since he's been having to deal with me so much these past few days. There was no way I was going to be able to fall asleep, considering everything that's going on though.

All of the nurses were away tending to other patients on the first floor so I ran. I remember the way to his room and run as fast as I can, so nobody notices me. The hallways are empty and barely lit, making it look like a scene out of a horror movie. I breathe quietly trying to push out the thoughts of anybody finding me sneaking around and run into the familiar hallway. Room 403.

I push the door open and see the shaggy brown haired boy laying on the bland hospital bed, looking at the ceiling. His head snaps towards me when he hears the sudden noise and I can't make out the expression running across his face. He clears his throat, "Alexa? What are you doing here,"

I make my way to the seat next to his bed sitting down, and I'm glad Liza left a couple hours ago. "I don't know David, everyone else is sleeping and I knew you'd be awake," I say quietly, looking down at my checkered vans.

"Oh. Well, what's up?" He asks awkwardly, looking back up to the ceiling.

"We never finished our conversation from a couple days back..." I say trailing off making my breathing become slow.

"Uh- yeah, we didn't. I realized how much of a dick move it was to ask about your feelings for him. I'm sorry. You don't have to answer any of my questions-" He rambles on before I cut him off by speaking.

"No it's okay. We never really talked after that day you and Liza became official again..."

"It's not the same, you know that right?" He says looking back at me with his brown eyes meeting mine.

"Our relationship isn't ever going to be the same-" I start to say and he cuts me off.

"I'm not talking about our relationship. I'm talking about the way we communicate with everyone else, the way I communicate with my fans. Did you know I have to scroll through my comment section daily deleting all the comments that mention you because Liza would attack me? Yeah it sounds crazy I know. But the reason I do it isn't because I'm scared of her, it's because I'm scared of her attacking you."

❋❋❋

WORD COUNT: 1,023