seventeen

Alexa's POV

I was awoken by someone fiercely shaking my arm, "Alexa wake up we need to go to Todd's place!" The voice said and my eyes slowly flutter open, matching the voice to Laura. Once she saw that I was awake she again said, "Hurry up! We need to go." Why was she in such I hurry? I don't think much of it and go to get up, realizing that theres an arm snaked around my waist. I turn around and see Alex sleeping his mouth letting little breaths escape.

At first I didn't want to wake him, but then I realized how mad he would be if I left him here. I don't know if Laura and Toddy just wanted him to go, but I'll bring him anyways. "Wake up little boy," I say running my hands through his hair. His mouth curls into a smile and he opens his eyes, staring at me with his blue eyes.

He stares at me for awhile before saying, "You're really beautiful."

I look away trying to hide the soft blush on my cheeks but he turns my face back towards him. For a second all I do is look into his eyes before he starts to lean in, "Ew no morning breath." I say before running away to the bathroom, going to get ready to leave. Alex groans before throwing the covers off of him, walking out of the bedroom.

❀❀❀

Alex's POV

I walk out of the bedroom and out of the corner of my eye I can see Laura and Todd staring into my back. Without looking behind me I ask, "Is there anything wrong?"

"Yes, there is." Laura says not keeping her eyes off me. I don't look back at her and she sucks in her breath, "David is getting back together with Liza. Thats why he called us over to the house."

I knew it.

"That doesn't mean you can take advantage of her though," Todd says trailing off.

"Who said I was taking advantage of her? I would never do that and you know it." I hiss, turning around to face the both of them. "You're not her parents, and for your information we did nothing of that sort."

They look at me for a minute and Todd says, "I know we're not her parents, but we're her friends. I've only known her for a month but I know that she's going to be so hurt, she's going to come right to you. You know that."

"and I'll be here when she needs me the most."

❀❀❀

Alexa's POV

It doesn't take me too long to brush my teeth and wash my face, so I start to head out of the bathroom. Right when I open the door I can hear everyone talking, it's Laura, Toddy, and Alex. They're not arguing, they just seem very tense. I listen to the conversation when I hear,

"David is getting back together with Liza."

For a minute I stand there, realizing what she just said. Then I remember last night, laying with Alex and being the most peaceful state of mind.

David had his chance, if he didn't lead me on I would've screamed my liking for him from the rooftops, making sure all the people of Los Angeles California could hear me; but it's too late now.

I know what I felt when I was with Alex, there was that feeling of safety and compassion, something that David never gave me. There was something different about being with him.

❀❀❀

After hearing a little part of their conversation I slip into my bedroom, changing into leggings, a white crop top, and a jean jacket. I pair it off with my black vans and put on some mascara quickly, making sure it doesn't get on my eyelids. Laura barges into my room again and says quickly, "Are you done?? It's not like we're seeing the queen of England."

I laugh at her sarcastic statement and nod my head, grabbing her hand leading her out of the door. Laura was wearing a sweatshirt and leggings with her black vans as well, she always pulled off the laziest outfits. "What are we waiting for?" I ask looking at the both of them.

"Alex" They say in unison and I smile, I'm glad he's coming with us.

I then remember I have to pretend that I have no idea why we're going to the house, so I act clueless. "Why are we going to your place?" I ask curiously looking at Todd, he shakes his head acting like he doesn't know; which isn't very believable.

Alex finally enters the apartment wearing grey sweatpants and a white shirt. That'll be my weakness. We all make our way down the hall and turn entering the elevator. The whole walk was silent and I felt an awkward tension between the three of them. I know they're trying to protect me, but I trust Alex.

An Uber pulls up to the curb and we all get inside, Laura is in the passengers seat and I'm stuck in between Toddy and Alex. Most of the car ride Toddy scrolled through his phone, not paying attention to any of us. A couple minutes before we got to the house, I laid my head on Alex's shoulder, he looks out the window but I can see the light flustered look on his face. He cautiously puts his hand on my thigh, and Todd immediately looks up, looking at us both. I roll my eyes and put his phone back into his face.

We sit like this for the remainder of the car ride, when we finally pull into the driveway. Alex gets up, opening the door and Todd does on the opposite side. I get out behind Alex and we all make our way to the front door. This is going to be so bad.

I bet Liza's going to think I'm a slut, since I was just with David the other day now my hand is intertwined with Alex's.

But more importantly, what will David think?

❀❀❀

WORD COUNT: 1,008