eighteen

Alexa's POV

Todd knocks on the door and Alex gives my hand a reassuring squeeze, making me smile. Scott opens the door and looks at us all with questioning looks, especially at Alex and I. His eyes travel down to our hands, looking taken a back. He snaps out of it quickly and lets us enter. I make my way to the couch before Zane comes out from the kitchen, "Alexa baby I haven't seen you in such a long time!"

I laugh at the girl voice he was trying to do and go to hug him saying, "Zane it's only been a couple days." He laughs and we catch up quickly before another person knocks at the door.

"It's David and Liza!" Laura shouts looking out the window and everyone in the room looks startled even though most of them knew what was about to happen. Matt looks at me and gives me with confused look and I mouth that I'll tell him about it later. He nods and takes a seat in between Brandon and Zane.

I sit next to Laura and Leah, Alex sitting right next to me. Scott rolls his office chair up to us and Todd sits next to Jason on the front couch, looking back at the door. "Come innn!!" Jason says holding the word out.

The two walk in together, hand in hand. They both scan the room and Liza smiles, but David keeps his gaze on me. This is not the right time to stare at me, his beautiful girlfriend is standing right next to him. Liza is much prettier in person, she has such a natural glow and David is so lucky to have her, no wonder he chose her over me.

"So whens the wedding?" Scott asks and the others laugh lightly, not taking their eyes off the two people standing at the door.

"C'mon say that you're dating again or I'm actually going to leave this house," Brandon says.

"Fine, we're back together." David says quietly holding up their hands.

"David you have to say that more enthusiastically for my vlog" Scott wines and eveyone else holding up cameras agrees.

"We're back together!" David yells excitedly and everyone in the room cheers, except for me. I sit there and look at them both, realizing I shouldn't be jealous; but I am. Alex notices this reaction and grabs my hand, leading us out of the room since everyone else was too distracted.

❀❀❀

We walk out into the backyard and he lets go of my hand turning around looking me straight in the eyes. I gulp, wondering what he's going to do or say. "You know how I said I liked you last night?" I nod. "It was true. But from what I saw in there, you're not over him; but when you are I'll be here for you. I'll wait for you."

That's exactly what David said to me.

"David might of said that to you, but unlike him I mean it. I like you so much that I would wait for you however long you may need."

I look up into his eyes, creating a mixture of sadness and anger. He doesn't deserve to be hurt, he shouldn't have to make up his mind for me. I have to do something, right here, right now. I have to make a decision.

"Alex, I like you too."

"You don't have to say anything you don't mean."

I stand on top of one of the pool chairs and yell, "HELLO LA, I LIKE ALEX ERNST." He looks at me with the biggest smile across his face and pulls me off the table by my waist, planting a soft kiss on my lips. I wrap my legs around his torso, while he drops one of his hands supporting me.

We don't break the kiss for what seems like years, but it's a good type of thing.

❀❀❀

David's POV

I finally slip out of the crowd forming by saying that I need to go to the restroom, but really I wanted to go find her. I needed to talk to her, and tell her that this is all of a mistake. I know we can work it out, we have to.

The door to the backyard is wide open, and I can see Alex and Alexa standing there talking to each other. I hide making sure they can't hear me, and listen to all the words coming out their mouths.

"Alex, I like you too."

She's only saying this because her feelings are all over the place, if I can only talk to her she'll make up her mind.

"You don't have to say anything you mean."

Listen to him Alexa.

She stands up on one of the pool chairs and yells, "HELLO LA, I LIKE ALEX ERNST." I watch him pull her off the chair and into a kiss, that could've been me.

I'm so fucking stupid.

❀❀❀

Before I can do anything, a tear slips down my cheek without even realizing it. This is not how things should be. I break my gaze of them and walk out of the room, right to the bathroom where I should've just gone to the first place. There's no point in talking to her now, Alex has her. My face is hot while the tears keep coming down my face.

"David are you okay?" A familiar voice knocks, Liza.

"Yeah I'm fine, I'll be out in a minute." She leaves the door and I splash cold water into my face, trying to get the redness off. Once I'm done I quickly dry myself, making my way out of the bathroom, turning into the living room.

"There you are David!" Todd yells pointing his camera towards me, but my attention isn't on him. I'm watching them. They're sitting in the corner of the couch and Alex has his arm wrapped around her. Todd follows my vision turning off the camera, "Son of a bitch." He pulls me by the hem of my shirt into the kitchen turning around, "David. I've known you for a pretty long time and I know damn well that this relationship you have with Liza was just to make Alexa jealous."

I nod my head, it was the truth after all.

He sighs before saying, "I hate to say it but I've been watching them. Last night Alex was there for her when she cried over you, when you left to see another girl. He was there at the right time, just like you were the second night she was here. They look at each other the way my parents do, David they like each other. Maybe even love. You can't keep being caught up on someone who already has stuff figured out. David, you used to look at Liza that way, and I know theres a little sliver of your heart that still loves her."

❀❀❀

WORD COUNT: 1,161