seven

alexa's pov

i knock on davids apartment again and he lets me in with a smile. he brought out many blankets and already had his netflix account pulled up, i'm suprised he did that in the short amount of time i was gone. "you know, i don't know why you wear makeup.. you clearly don't need it." he says looking at my face while i plop down onto the couch.

"i dont know, i don't wear much of it so it's not really that big of a deal" i say pausing, "i try to stay away from it because it makes me break out."

"good." he says coming over and sitting in the corner of the couch a couple inches away from me. we decide to watch maze runner and not even a couple minutes into it, i can feel my eyes slowly starting the shut. i try to fight to keep them open but it's not working. i look over at david and see that hes looking at me smiling. he already knew what i wanted to do and opened up his arms telling me to move closer towards him. i laid next to him with my arm across his chest and my head on his arm. i felt cozy and before david could say anything more, i fell asleep.

alex's pov (finally, i know)

i was able to break free of lexi as she let go of me and started cuddling up to the pillow on the opposite side of the bed. it's such a douchebag move but i got up and got dressed, making sure i didn't leave anything behind. the alcohol was giving me the biggest headache and i just wanted to be home. i heard the door open and shut an hour or so ago, so i hope they didn't hear or see us. i quietly opened the door and shut it walking down to my apartment, i opened it with my key to reveal two people sleeping on the couch. i swear to god if dom brought someone hom- wait. that's definitely not dom. it's alexa and david.

part of me wanted to hurt david, wake him up right now and punch him.. since he knew i told him that i thought alexa was hot. but at the same time i didn't, alexa was holding him and her head was in the crook of his neck, she seemed so peaceful. that could've been me if i hadn't of been so reckless. before i could think anymore i walked straight to my room and shut the door, my head thinking about so many things. maybe i should go back so she can find me half naked next to her best friend. but that's me being selfish and mean, that would hurt her. which i already did enough of tonight.

i knew that she showed the slightest bit of interest in me, but i already ruined that.

alexa's pov

i woke up quickly realizing that this wasn't my apartment and had a mini heart attack before i looked up at david, softly breathing still sleeping. then i remembered everything that happened last night, i didn't drink, but i had a headache just thinking about it. i looked at the clock appearing on the tv we left on the night before and it was 10 in the morning. there was no clear way of getting out of davids arms without waking him up so i laid there for a couple minutes before starting to trace his jawline with my finger.

his mouth curled into a smile before his eyes fluttered open revealing his beautiful dark brown eyes. "good morning" i say covering my mouth since i had bad morning breath, "i'll be back in a minute." i got up and shut the apartment door and opening mine with the key i put in my pocket the night before. surpringly, i wasn't the only one there. todd and laura were passed out on the couch fully clothed... at least i think. lexi was in her room the exact opposite but no one was there with her which is odd. leah was not in her room but i'm guessing she stayed the night at zane's house.

i made my way to the bathroom and quickly brushed my teeth, getting the gross scent out of my mouth. before i could shut off the lights todd emerged from the room, "oh hey alexa." he said with a raspy morning voice, i'm surprised he remembered my name.

"theres advil and whatever else you want in the cabinet above the fridge" i say before shutting off the lights and opening the door exiting the apartment. as i make my way door the hallway i can hear arguing and movements from inside of david's apartment.

i never fully shut the door so i peeked inside making sure no one could hear me, "you knew i liked her!" alex yelled standing in the middle of the living room.

"who cares alex! you were the one who hurt her in the first place, i was just there for her when she needed me" david yells back. that was completely true, last night david was the one cheering me up, alex did the exact opposite.

"well good for you david! but guess what, in a matter of time i'll have her, lexi was a one time thing and you know i always win. i don't care if you're my best friend this is how it's always been and how it always will be" alex says with anger making his voice louder.

"you know what alex? you can try. but i have one thing you don't, a heart." david says. before i know it alex has david pinned up against a wall trying to throw punches at him, but misses. david pushes him back and hits him square in the nose. this is enough.

"guys stop! stop!" i yell trying to push them apart but i feel alex's fist collide with my cheek and i fall to the ground almost instantly.