eight

alexa's pov

"alexa wake up! wake up!" a blurry figure that looks like david says over me. another person hands him an ice pack and kneels beside me, but it's not alex. my vision starts to become clearer but i immediately feel a sharp pain rushing into my left cheek. alex really hits hard. at this point i open my eyes fully and it reveals who the figures are, david and toddy. i see scott talking to alex in the corner and he looks truly broken. how did all these people show up here in such a small amount of time? i ask in my head or at least i thought.

"toddy came over right when it happened because he heard the screaming and scott came because he had to drop off some things" david said with a sigh of relief knowing that i'm alive.

"alexa! i'm really sorry!" alex says trying to push past scott but he doesn't budge.

"shut the fuck up alex!" david yells back.

"david this is all your fault you know that right?" alex yells back in response.

before i can hear anymore arguing toddy pics me up bridal style and carries me out of the apartment making sure i don't hit my head. he knocks on the door and laura instantly opens it panicking, "oh my god is she dead? what happened!"

"no shes not dead, alex punched her on accident when david and him were fighting," he says calmly bringing me over to the couch. he moves me comfortably onto the couch and places the icepack right onto the burning skin, which soothes it immediately. i realize how similar toddy and laura are, they're both very protective and will always look out for people... it's a good thing they hooked up last night.

"is her jaw broken?" laura asks sitting next to my feet.

"i don't think so, she was able to talk perfectly fine. i think it's just going to be soar for the next couple days," he replies. i see her whisper something and he nods back, she frowns and looks back at me. the silence makes me feel awkward since they're both staring at me while toddy makes sure the icepack is securely on my cheek.

the silence is interrupted when someone starts banging on the door, "toddy it's david! let me in!" toddy looks at me before answering and i nod my head, letting him know that it's okay for him to come in. david's points in the argument were all true, and alex was the one who started it in the first place. todd lets me hold the icepack while i goes and grabs the door, david quickly shuffles in taking todd's place on the couch.

"are you okay? where did he punch you?" david asks frantically trying to move the ice pack so he can look at it. i slap his hand away and put my hand out indicating for him to stop. "i'm so sorry this is all my fault, i shouldn't of said anything to alex or even mentioned i-" i stopped him again by putting my hand over his mouth. he got the memo and grabbed my hand securely holding it in his. out of the corner of my eye i could see todd and laura watching us both contently. it makes me laugh but i quickly revert my attention back to david, who seemed so hurt.

"it's okay. it's not your fault." i say looking into his eyes, this would be the most perfect moment to kiss him again but the icepack is blocking half of my face. i scooted over into the way corner of the couch patting the seat next to me, i wanted him to hold me like he did last night. he followed my instructions and moved over pulling me closer to him. he put his arm around me and kept the icepack firm on my face. he played with the long black hair trying to attempt to braid it.

the rest of the morning i watched todd and david play video games, while occasionally carried on a conversation with laura. while david was playing videogames i laid my head on his leg, scrolling through my instagram. everything was okay until lexi came out of her room, this time fully dressed. "wheres alex?" she yells looking at us all on the couch, jeez. i shrug and everyone else does too, she storms out of the apartment going to david's.

"alex left her last night" david says quietly, "he said it was a one time thing." he laced sadness into his voice and i quickly looked up into his eyes. just because alex finally shows some type of feelings for me, i would not leave david.

"well i'm here with you now, that's all that matters" i say caressing his face. david cared so much about me only after a short amount of time, he was different then anyone else.

alex's pov

i was laying on the couch scrolling through twitter when someone starts knocking on my door, "alex it's lexi! let me in." i don't respond for a minute but she doesn't stop, "i know you're in there!" i'm going to have to talk to her now or later.

right when i opened the door she pounced on me before i could say anything, she pushed me onto the couch and climbed on top of me. maybe this is what i needed. i need something to get over alexa, she had david anyways. i grab lexi's face and kiss her with the same force.

"alex?"

alexa's pov

"i think i should go talk to them, alone." i say looking at everyone and they look back questionably, "i just want to clear everything up, i'll scream if anything happens."

"i don't think it's a good idea..." david says trailing off and toddy nods in agreement.

"if you think that's what you need to do, then go for it. please yell if they try to hurt you, we'll come right away" laura replies looking straight at me. she always has good advice. i take the icepack off my cheek and place it on the coffee table standing up.

this reminds me of the first night i was here, the first time i met alex. i remember standing in this exact place thinking whether to knock or not. their door never locked fully and i pushed it open. what i saw i did not expect.

"alex?"