The flashback

"Aish, I am so proud of my son. He is almost married and he is running the company. He is truly a descendent from the Jeon name."

"Aboji...is there a reason why you have called me?"

"Yes there is, Tae. Have a seat my boy,"said Linton while pointing to the seat opposite him while Tae respectfully bowed at his father and sat down.

Lynique came over to the Jeon Mansion and waited for Tae in his room while him and his father spoke. Tae was eager to return to his "princess" who awaited for his return.

"Aboji, please. Lynique is waiting for me and it is rude to keep a lady waiting,"said Tae while he awkwardly chuckled in attempt to lighten up the mood. Everything seemed so serious and the Tae we knew didn't like serious conversations.

"My son. Ahh my oldest son. Would you not like to please your father and find a bride who can carry on the Jeon name. Can't you find a bride like (y/n)? Aha my son you see..... it wouldn't be right for just one of my son's to take control of the business so I would like to offer you 45% of the company. That is of course IF you find a suitable bride."

There was awkward and disconcerting silence that filled the room as both father and son eye swore each other.
"Uhmm.....uhmmm......father, I ....i accept your generosity and your concern for my future, but....but I don't find my happiness in running a business. "

"Very well then. I suppose your father's happiness means nothing to you and I suppose your pride in our surname means nothing to you as well,"said Linton in a very egotistical tone.

"Aboji. It's not like that. I just don't find passion in running a company my whole life. I find passion in music, acting, dancing-

A chuckle came from Lintons mouth as he said, "My son...my dearest, oldest son. Dancing around and performing in plays were fine for your childhood years, but you are a grown man now who needs to make money."

"Abo-"

"Tae! You can either work under your YOUNGER brother or you can work with him, together, as brothers are supposed to,"he said in a more firm tone.

"You don't listen. You never do."

"I'm thinking about what's best for you."

"Just like how you thought about what was best for (y/n) and Jungkook when you forced them into a relationship for this silly company ?"

"Thats about it! No son of mine will sing silly songs to ungrateful fans!"

"Jimin does it ! And look where he is now!"

"Jimin is my nephew...He is not my son and yes Tae, look where he is now...performing for fans who tell him to starve himself, who leaves him for dead if he doesn't hit the high note they want him to hit."

"Not all fans are like that! And besides you are missing the point, Aboji."

"Fine. Sing. Dance. I will support you just don't come crying on my shoulders if you break it instead of make it."

There was silence...

"A year is all I give you to make a name for yourself and if you are a nobody, you will work with Jungkook. Deal ? "

"Deal."

Tae stands up and heads for his room.