Chapter Three: Giving Up

I woke up the next morning to a knock on my window. It was a police officer.

I rolled down the window.

"You know what happened last night?" The officer asked while pulling out a small notebook.

"Uh no, I was just sleeping until my room caught on fire." I said.

The officer gave me a doubting look but eventually bought it. I drove away and checked my watch.

It was 12:45.

"Ah shit I'm gonna be late." I said to myself.

I hurried over to the warehouse, where the NWG base of operations was. I pulled my SUV up next to the Rolls-Royce and got out.

"S-sorry I'm late." I said apologetically.

I walked over to Khalil, Drew, and Vincent. They all faced me with confused looks on their face.

"Dude... what the hell happened to you?" Drew asked while pointing at my chest.

I looked down to see that there were black burn marks up my legs and some on my chest.

"Some jackass threw a bunch of Molotovs at my house last night." I said.

"Holy shit dude, okay well put this suit on. Our contact will be pissed if we're late." Khalil said.

I took the suit and put in on in a room nearby. A contact hired us to steal the Star Emerald for a paycheck that would bring a tear to your eye.

I walked out of the room buttoning my sleeve. We got into my SUV and made our way to our contacts place.

"So who's our contact?" I asked while driving.

"Some high life Leonardo DiCaprio wannabe. He's been collecting stones like these for years and nobody knows how he gets them." Khalil said.

"Except us." Vinnie added.

"Alright so after the shit that went down at my place last night, I want you and Khalil to stay in the car." I said to Drew. "Me and Vinnie will deliver the stone to the contact."

"And if things go bad..." Vinnie pulled the revolver from his suit pocket and pulled the hammer back.

"Then we'll use this." he said.

"Yeah... we'll do that." I said chuckling.

We eventually made it to our buyers meeting point. It was by a small house so I parked my car in a nearby parking garage.

"Alright Vince. Let's go." I said.

We got out of the car and walked out of the parking garage and started walking in between two buildings. It was a long alleyway.

"Hey Vince?" I asked.

"Yeah?" he said.

"Do you by any chance know someone with green eyes?"

"Not personally, but there is one person."

"Who?"

"We've had some complications with her, but there's a woman called the Green Eyed Mistress. She carries around a snub nosed .357 magnum."

"Wait so like... what does she do?" I asked.

"There's no information on her at all. She's only known as that alias, it's like she just popped into this reality." Vince said.

"She also- wait..." Vince began talking until we were about to walk out if the alley way. He pointed at a shadow that he saw from around the corner.

"Somethings not right here Spence." he said.

Suddenly someone walked around the corner. It was a woman. She had long purple hair that went all the way down to her thighs. She had arms covered in tattoos and was was wearing a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up. That wasn't the scariest part though. The scariest part was what she was holding.

In her hand, was by far one of the biggest knives that I have ever seen.

"Hello Gentlemen, you don't by any chance have a Star Emerald do you?" she said.

"Who the hell is asking." I said. She lifted her head up and looked at me.

I looked into her dark purple eyes. That's when I realized it. That's... that's...

"C'mon Gentlemen, let's not hurt ourselves now. Just hand over the emerald." she said in a calm voice.

Vinnie pulled the revolver from his holster.

"Listen up ya dumb broad. You best be leaving here before I gotta put a couple more holes in ya." he said.

"Awe that's no fun." She said.

She began running at Vinnie. Vinnie pulled the trigger on his revolver, but no bullets came out. He forgot to reload his revolver from yesterday.

The woman stabbed Vinnie in the side and he fell to the ground.

"C-cmon Spencer, fuckin shoot her!" Vinnie yelled.

I was still frozen. The woman face changed for a second when Vinnie said my name, but soon returned to normal.

"Y-You're Yuri." I said softly.

Yuri didn't hear me and she walked up to me. She placed one hand on my face.

"Don't make me cut your handsome face, just hand over the emerald..." she said in a flirty voice.

She reached her hand in my pocket and pulled out a draw string bag. She took it in her hand and opened it. I remained perfectly still the entire time, still trying to assess this situation.

Yuri poured out the bag in her hand and the Star Emerald fell into her palm.

"Awe thanks so much. The boss sends her regards." Yuri said while walking over to Vinnie. She pulled the knife out of Vinnie's side and began walking away seductively, placing one foot in front of the other.

I think she noticed that I was watching, because she began to giggle about halfway down the alley way.

Yuri soon disappeared and I went to go help Vinnie up. I lifted him to his feet and he drove his fist into my stomach.

"What the fuck Spencer? Were you having a day dream?! She just stole the star Emerald!" he yelled.

I got up on my feet.

"I-I'm sorry... I couldn't hurt her." I said apologetically.

"Now isn't the fuckin time to be a Gentleman! We just lost 10 million dollars!" Vinnie yelled.

Me and Vinnie walked back to the SUV and got in it.

-----------------------------------------------------------