Chapter Twelve: I'll Try To Fix You...

WARNING: This chapter contains a sensitive subject and is a little emotional. If you don't want to read through that, just read the authors note below and I'll give you the summary of what happened. Thanks!

-Gustave S.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"This better be a fuckin joke." I said. I made my way to Sayori's motel. I ran every red light on the way there. Luckily no cops saw me.

I swerved my car into the motel parking lot and jumped out. I looked up at Sayori's apartment and saw that no lights were on. I jumped up on the banister and climbed over, saving me a couple seconds. I started banging on Sayori's door.

"Sayori? SAYORI!?" I yelled. There was no response.

"Isn't this a breach of privacy? She really leaves me no choice..." I thought to myself.

"FUCK PRIVACY!" I yelled. I kicked open the door and saw something of my nightmares.

Sayori was hanging from her ceiling fan, her body twitching as she tried to move her hands to scratch at the rope.

Time went slow as I pulled out a knife from my pocket. I threw the knife as hard as I could. The knife spun through the air like a frisbee and cut through the rope like butter. Sayori fell to her knees on the ground.

I ran over to Sayori and pulled the rope off of her neck.

"Sayori?!" I said. No response.

I put my head up to Sayori's chest and heard a slight heartbeat, however she wasn't breathing.

"Oh god... please no..." I said.

I leaned my head down and put my mouth on Sayori's, preforming CPR. I blew air into her lungs and then pushed down on her chest.

Sayori jerked up and let out a horrific noise as she gasped for air. I just looked at Sayori as she held her neck, catching her breath.

She began coughing as tears went down her face. She looked up at me and than back down at the ground.

"Why... why can't I ever be happy?" she said in a soft voice.

"Sayori... why?" I asked, fighting back tears.

"I thought that when I met Frost... I could get over Spencer... but they... THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON!" she said while breaking down. "Why can't I get over you..?"

"Sayori... I'm sorry... I didn't want to leave you..." I said.

"We had to accept the fact that you were gone... I couldn't handle it... and my depression came back..." she said softly.

"Sayori... I'm so sorry... it's all my fault." I said while holding Sayori in my arms.

"Why do you care about me so much? I've done nothing but put you through hell and yet you still take care of me..." she said.

"It's because I love you Sayori..." I said.

"Why do you love me? I'm horrible at everything... I can't do anything right. Today I almost got us killed... and I couldn't even kill myself the right way. I'm just broken." Sayori said while wiping her tears on my suit jacket.

"Sayori... if you're broken then I'll pick up your pieces and put you back together. You mean so much to me. I love you Sayori."

"I-I love you too... I'm just so selfish... I'd rather kill myself than actually show how I feel." Sayori said while bowing her head down in my lap.

"Sayori I don't want you to destroy yourself... please just let me help you..." I said while moving Sayori's hair out of her face.

"I'm sorry..." Sayori said.

"Don't apologize... just promise me that you'll tell me how you feel." I said.

"I... I promise." Sayori said.

I pulled Sayori in close and she looked up at me.

"I... I don't want to be alone tonight. I don't trust myself anymore... can I stay with you?" Sayori asked.

"Anything." I said. I picked Sayori off of the ground in my arms and walked out of the door.

Sayori put her head close to me as I carried her out of that hell of a motel.

I took one last glance in Sayori's motel room, and saw a big carving of an eye on the wall.

"I'm the one in control now." I mumbled.

I walked down the stairs and put Sayori in my passenger seat. I closed the door and she rested her head on the window. I got in the driver seat and began driving home.

I looked at the time and it was about 10 o'clock at night.

On the way home I looked over at Sayori and gazed at how the moonlight shone on her.

She looked peaceful, like an angel almost. She was half asleep so every now and then she'd close her eyes and wake up again.

I pulled into my driveway and looked over at Sayori. She was completely asleep. I walked over to the passenger side and pulled Sayori out. I walked up to the front door of my house and opened it.

Natsuki saw as I walked through the door with Sayori asleep in my arms.

"What happened...?" she whispered.

"I'll tell you later..." I said.

Honestly I don't really want to talk about what just happened. I think this'll be one of the things that me and Sayori keep between us two.

I carried Sayori into one of the rooms that I had and set her down on a bed. I sat down next to her on the side of the bed. She began to frown while she slept so I pulled a blanket over her shoulder.

She smiled in her sleep. I got up and turned out the light. I closed the door and walked into my room. I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I grabbed a tennis ball from off my nightstand and threw it in the air.

"Too... fuckin... close." I said.

I think I knew what Odysseus meant by I messed up. Was this her depression or the third eye? I saw the logo carved on the wall but I don't think Sayori drew that. Everything is so complicated.

I closed my eyes and like always, I appeared on a white platform.

"You did good today Spencer." a voice said.

I turned around and saw Odysseus.

"A little heads up would be nice next time..." I said.

"Things will only get worse as long as that source of the third eye is out there... do you have any leads?" she asked.

"A book, called the Portrait of Markov..." I said.

"A book... what is it?" she asked.

"I've taken a look at it once... it talked of a girls medical records of becoming more and more violent." I said.

"Interesting... I think you may have something..." Odysseus said.

"I'll try and get it.." I said.

"Okay... and keep up the good work."

"Will do."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: Sorry for the emotional chapter, but I had to create a strong emotional bond between Sayori and Spencer.

Summary: Spencer went to Sayori's house and saw that she attempted suicide. Luckily he saved her and took her to his house. Spencer had another dream with Odysseus and they spoke about the Portrait of Markov possibly being the source of the "Third Eye."