Chapter Fifteen: Dying To Live

I drove to the NWG building and walked in.

"Vince!" I called out.

"Hey what's the big idea?" Vince said in his Italian accent.

"Haha real funny Vince." I said.

"Bada Bing Bada boom, that's what I always say." Vincent said while laughing.

Khalil walked out and greeted me, I looked at the two of them.

"Where's Drew?" I asked.

"Oh he's out selling that Star Emerald, he should be back later tonight." Vincent said.

"Oh okay, well tell him that I need to speak with him urgently." I said.

"What for?" Khalil asked.

"It's... complicated, but we may have another kill/capture operation." I said.

"Must be pretty important if the leader of the NWG is calling a hit." Vince said.

"You have no idea..." I said.

I looked down at my watch to display 5:45.

"Ah shit. I gotta jump, I'll see you guys later." I said.

I waved them goodbye and I got in my car. I drove to the address that Yuri gave me and I parked out front.

Yuri had a small house that was quite unkept. That was probably because she stayed at Monika's warehouse most of the time.

I went up and knocked on the door. I waited about 30 seconds until I heard footsteps.

A familiar purple haired girl came to the door wearing a white sweatshirt and long skinny jeans.

"So glad you could make it!" Yuri said while pulling me in for a big hug.

"Good to see you too." I said.

I walked into Yuri's house to see that the inside is quite clean. She didn't have much stuff however.

In her living room there was just a couch, an old TV, and a coffee table.

"Nice place you got here." I said.

"Oh thank you, I don't have very many visitors." she said.

"Maybe I could fix that?" I said jokingly.

"I'd like that."

I walked into the kitchen to see Yuri standing over a stove. I walked up behind her and looked over her shoulder.

"So watcha making?" I asked.

"Oh... j-just a little recipe I found online."

It looked like a pasta of some sort with a bunch of vegetables in it.

"Well it surely looks good." I said.

My face was right next to Yuri's, and I could hear her breathing begin to slow down and take deeper breaths.

I sat down on the couch and looked at my phone. I had some notifications on Wattpad and other text messages.

One was from my friend Drew.

D: What's going on?

S: Cosgrove...

D: Yeah, he's dead.

S: He back man... me and you will talk tomorrow. How about at that bar over on Colerain?

D: If you're buying, I'm in

S: Deal

I looked up to see Yuri standing over top of me with a bowl in her hand. She handed me the bowl and I looked down at it.