Chapter Seventeen: Only God Can Judge Me Now

I awoke still laying on the cold floor.

"Was it just a dream?" I asked myself.

I looked down at my hand to see Drew's dog tags.

I sat up and sat down in a chair that was in my room. I just stared at the wall while I downed 3 bottles of hard liquor.

There was a vibration in my pocket. It was a call from my friend Vincent. I picked up the phone and put it up to my ear.

"Hello?" Vince said.

"Yeah." I answered.

"What happened?"

"It's Drew...he's dead...they took him from me."

"TFS?"

"I think so...I think it's Cosgrove...I'll try and be better by tomorrow I just need some time man..."

"Take your time man...I'll get a file together on this Cosgrove guy..."

"Okay...thanks...for everything."

"Take it easy man..."

I hung up the phone and continued to look at the wall. I didn't know what time it was but it was night time.

I decided to man up and go outside. I sluggishly walked over to my bathroom and washed the blood off of my hands. I splashed cold water on my face and went downstairs to my living room.

I saw Sayori sitting on the couch, eating a bowl of cereal. I took a seat on the couch across from her and she looked over at me.

"Oh hi Spencer!" She said gleefully while waving her hand at me.

"Hey Sayori...where is everyone?" I asked.

"Monika and Natsuki went to bed already, I'm the only one awake." She said.

"Oh okay..." I said sadly.

Sayori got up and sat next to me, still eating her bowl of cereal.

"How was your daaaay?" She asked.

"Honest answer or optimistic?" I said chuckling a little.

"Uh...honest?" She said confused.

"Hell..." I said.

"Oh...well is there any way I can make it better for you?" Sayori asked.

I thought about it for a second. I was trying hard to not let the sadness consume me.

"Just keep smiling Sayori...that's what would make my day better." I said.

Sayori gave me a grin and then grabbed the TV remote. She put on some romance movie or something.

"I always liked movies like these, they always hit me in the feels." Sayori said.

I could tell that Sayori was trying to cheer me up.

"Yeah I liked movies like these too. Especially when you watch these with someone you care about." I said.

"Well I care about you, Spencer." Sayori said.

"I care about you too Sayori..." I said.

"I just want you to know that...I know  been through a lot." Sayori said. "B-but just know that...you're my hero."

"Hero?" I asked.

"You saved me...you saved all of us. Not to mention all that you've done for us. You've been shot for us, you sacrificed yourself for us, you went further and beyond for all of us. I don't care what anyone else thinks...you're my hero." Sayori said while she wrapped her arms around me.

"Th-Thank you Sayori..." I said. I don't know why but I was becoming overwhelmed with emotion.

"Do you remember what you promised me all that time ago?" Sayori asked.

"I have trouble sometimes..." I said.

"Well you said that you would retire from the NWG that way you could be safe for us."

"Ah yeah, I remember..." I said.

"W-will you still keep that promise for me... I don't really want to lose you again." She said.

"I promise Sayori...there's just one last thing I need to do. It's to keep you safe, me safe, all of us safe." I said.

Sayori smiled innocently at me and hugged me tighter.

"You...you fixed me." She said softly.

Me and Sayori ended up watching some corny romance movie on the couch. I think it was called "Wait for me to come home." or something. It was weird.

When the movie ended Sayori looked up at me with her ocean blue eyes. I was slowly beginning to doze off. Sayori poked my nose with her finger, waking me up.

"Wake uppp." She said.

"I'm up, I'm up, what happened." I said.

"The movie is over..." She said.

"Oh okay...I guess I'll go to bed then." I said.

"No...wait." She said

"What?" I asked.

"I have something that I want to show you in my room." Sayori said.

"Oh um... okay." I said. Sayori let out an innocent smile and grabbed my hand, leading me upstairs into her bedroom.

She made me sit on her bed and she walked towards the door. She closed the door and locked it.

"Sayori?" I said confused.

Sayori began taking her clothes off slowly. I placed my hands over my eyes as I was trying to be respectful.

"S-spencer it's okay..." She said while moving my hands away.

I looked up at Sayori, who was wearing nothing but her lingerie from earlier today.

"Sayori are you..." I tried talking but I got lost in my words.

"Th-this is as embarrassing for me as it is for you." She said.

Sayori reached her hands down and unbuttoned my white dress shirt. She then grabbed me by my collar and pulled me to my feet.

"Sayori I..."

"Kiss me..."

Sayori moved her head towards me so I layed my lips on hers. She wrapped her arms around me as we began to lean back on the bed. She got on top of me while still kissing me.

-----------------------------------------------------------