Chapter Ten: Passionfruit

"Where does our contact live?" I asked Natsuki, who was now sitting in the front seat.

"Some shitty neighborhood on April Drive." she said.

We drove past some sketchy neighborhoods and eventually made it to a familiar gas station with a small shop behind it.

"Natsuki... do you know where we are?" I asked.

"Our contacts house?" she said confused.

"This is... this..." suddenly a man came out of the small shop and approached our car.

Me, Natsuki, and Sayori got out of the car and walked over to the man.

"Hello Carlos." I said to the man while reaching my hand out to him.

Carlos grabbed my hand for a handshake so I squeezed his hand.

"How did you know my name?" Carlos asked.

I just smiled and let go of his hand. I led him over to the back of the SUV where Bennett was.

"Was this the weaselly fuck you were looking for?" I asked.

"Heh, I knew that the Green Eyed Mistress could do anything." Carlos said.

Green Eyed Mistress? I did most of the work here...

Carlos pulled Bennett out of the car and pushed Bennett to the ground.

"Now you know what happens when you fuck with me!" Carlos yelled while he pulled out a cigar. He lit the cigar and took a puff of it.

"Goodbye Bennett." Carlos said. He began to pull out a pistol. I covered Sayori's eyes while Carlos pulled the trigger.

"Jesus Christ..." Natsuki said.

Carlos looked over at Natsuki with blood on his face. He flashed her a grin.

"O-okay now. We held up out part off the deal, now you can pay up." Natsuki said.

"That's gonna be a solid no." Carlos said.

"The fuck you mean it's a no? We did our part now pay up!" Natsuki yelled.

"You girls sure do have quite a bounty on your heads. I'd be a shame to let that slip away." Carlos said while he walked into his shop.

We suddenly heard rustling in the bushes as groups of men came out all pointing guns at us. We all un-holstered our guns.

"Put your guns down now!" the men yelled.

"Got any plans Natsuki?!" I yelled.

"No... I think we're fucked." Natsuki said.

"Sayori are you okay-" I began to talk but Sayori pulled the trigger on her TEC-9, spraying bullets everywhere.

I held Natsuki's head down while I began to shoot as well.

"Sayori... SAYORI!" I yelled.

Sayori let go of the trigger and looked at me.

"What?" she said.

"They're dead... we got all of 'em." I said.

"We did?" she said while she looked around.

"Yeah..." I said while chuckling a little bit. Natsuki stood up and punched me in the stomach.

"Stop protecting me all the time, I can handle myself." she said annoyed.

Natsuki walked into Carlos's house with a pistol in her hand. She kicked open the door and I heard gunshots. I walked over to Sayori.

"That's some good shooting you did there." I said.

"Oh... um thanks..." she said somewhat flustered.

"Next time though, wait for my mark. I don't want a pretty girl like you getting shot." I said.

Sayori began to blush again. I looked behind Sayori's back to see something very concerning.

It was a small ball that was a dark grey colored. It was slowly rolling towards me and Sayori.

"Oh shit... Sayori get down!" I said while pushing Sayori away from the blast. Me and Sayori landed behind a car shielding us from the blast.

I landed on my back and Sayori landed on top of me, her head landing on my chest.

"A-are you alright?" I asked.

Sayori lifted her head from my chest and looked at me, our faces just inches apart.

"Y-Yeah... are you alright?" Sayori said embarrassed.

"Y-Yeah." I said.

"G-good... because I want you to feel this." Sayori said as she grabbed my face and forced me into a kiss.

She let go of me and got up. Natsuki walked around the corner and saw me on the ground and Sayori standing next to me.

"What the hell happened?" Natsuki said.

"Some bastard threw a grenade at us." I said.

"Holy shit are you guys okay." Natsuki asked.

"I am now..." Sayori said while flashing me a flirty wink.

"Yeah I'm okay." I said, still a little flustered about what Sayori just did.

"Hey, look on the bright side. We got our money." Natsuki said while holding a suitcase in the air.

"Well that's good." I said, rising to my feet.

Natsuki handed me the suitcase and I opened it, revealing bands upon bands of hundreds.

"That's a lotta green." Natsuki said.

"What happened to Carlos?" I asked.

"He had a change of heart... literally." Natsuki said devilishly.

"Well good work Natsuki." I said while patting her head. She gave me that death stare that she always gave me when I did that.

Sayori stood next to Natsuki touching the tips of her index fingers together. I guess she wanted a head pat as well?

"You too Sayori." I said while patting Sayori's head. She gave me a smile and we walked back to the SUV.

On the way back Natsuki, who was in the passenger seat, searched around in my glove box. She pulled out a small CD.

"What the hell is this?" Natsuki asked.

"That's a compact disc. You can put songs on them and play them in your car." I said.

Natsuki looked at the back of the CD case and started reading it out loud.

"Frank Sinatra? Dean Martin? The Rat Pack? Who the hell are they?" Natsuki asked confused.

"Some damn fine musicians." I said while I took the CD. I took it out of the case and put it in my radio.

The radio started playing "Strangers in the night" by Frank Sinatra.

"Strangers in the night, exchanging glances, wondering in the night, what were the chances we'd be sharing love, before the night was throooooough." I sang.

Sayori giggled in the back seat and Natsuki looked at me trying not to laugh.

We listened to that song all the way back to Monika's warehouse.

-----------------------------------------------------------