Chapter Eight: The Watcher

I began having another one of those damn dreams.

I was standing on a white platform but I was surrounded by a black wall.

"Odysseus? Odysseus?" I called out. I assumed this was another one her dreams that she gives me.

"ODYSSEUS?" I yelled.

"Who's Odysseus?" a female voice said behind me.

I looked behind me and Monika walked out from the darkness. She was wearing her school uniform from when she's in the game.

"M-Monika?" I said dumbfounded.

"I really hope you're not cheating on me Spencer, it would be a shame..." she said while pulling out a small tablet.

"You wouldn't want to end up like him would you?" Monika said in a creepy voice.

A corpse appeared in front of me and looked almost halfway burnt.

"This one cheated on me... so I had to delete him. You wouldn't cheat on me would you Spencer." Monika said while walking towards me.

I took a closer look at her and saw that there was a carving of an eye on her forehead.

"Monika... oh my God... what are you?" I said terrified.

"What Spencer? You don't love me no more? What a shame." Monika said. She started typing on the tablet she was holding.

I looked down at my arms and saw that my skin was starting to burn into nothing.

"G-Gah!" I yelled out in pain.

Monika just watched as I slowly began to disappear. I caught one last look of the third eye on her forehead before I woke up.

"AH!" I jerked up in my bed. Sunlight shone through my window. I grabbed my phone off my table and checked the time. It was about 10:15.

"Shit those nightmares are giving me hell." I said. "Well I guess it's time to wake up Natsuki."

I began to get up but there was something blocking me. I looked down and saw a familiar girl laying on top of my stomach.

It was Natsuki, wearing nothing but a half buttoned white dress shirt.

I reached my hand down and poked Natsuki's cheek. She began to move but then stopped. I had a total Deja-Vu moment.

"Good morning Natsuki." I said

"Dad go away... I don't wanna get up yet..." she said half asleep.

"Manga isn't literature." I said.

Natsuki looked up at me with angry eyes.

"T-Take it back!" she said in a defensive voice.

"Haha I knew that would get you up." I said.

She rubbed her eyes and got out of bed. She just left the room without saying anything.

I looked over on my nightstand and saw another envelope with the word "Odysseus." On it.

I opened it and it contained a small note.

"Did you see it? The third eye I mean... if you don't figure out the source, it will devour the girls. You're the only one who can stop it Spencer. God speed, -Odysseus." it read

"I really wish that you could help me out on this one." I said out loud.

I got up and walked out to my kitchen. I noticed that Natsuki was over at the stove making a breakfast of some sort.

"Are those pancakes?" I asked.

"Y-Yeah, but don't think this means I like you, I'm just hungry." she said. She had her back turned to me.

I looked at her dress shirt that she wore. It was still halfway unbuttoned showing off one of her shoulders.

The bottom of it only went down to her thighs so it showed everything else. Natsuki looked over at me.

"S-stop looking you pervert!" she said while pulling her shirt down to try and cover herself. It didn't work.

"S-sorry." I said.

Eventually Natsuki finished cooking and me and her sat down at my table and began eating.

"So what do you do for Monika?" I asked, sparking conversation.

"Mostly just collection work here and there, but sometimes I do heists. She always makes me partner up with Sayori so we almost always get caught." she said.

"You two have been all over the news lately." I said.

"Yeah Sayori is really sloppy and clumsy so they always snap a picture of us or get us on camera." she said.

"Speaking of which, what are we going to do today." I asked.

"We're speaking with a contact about some money issues. He makes fake identities and someone didn't pay up. He lives down in Rhode Island. He hired us to collect that money." Natsuki said.

That's weird, that sounds oddly familiar but I can't figure out why.

"Well that sounds... fun I guess." I said.

"About as fun as you think it would be, not to mention that we have to bring Sayori along." she said.

"S-Sayori?" I asked.

"Yeah, as a matter of fact we might want to get going. I bet she's still sleeping in." Natsuki said.

Sleeping in...? Oh no. Maybe she's just tired.

"Oh okay, well let's get ready then." I said.

"Um, where's your shower." Natsuki asked.

"Oh it's down that hallway." I said while pointing.

Natsuki walked past me and made her way into my bathroom where the shower was.

"Don't worry I won't peek." I said jokingly.

"I-I wouldn't mind if you did..." she said softly.

"What did you say?" I asked.

"N-nothing! You're hearing things again you idiot!" she said all flustered.

She picked up her suit from last night and entered my bathroom.

"I should probably get her more clothes shouldn't I?" I said to myself.

I went into my room and got my clothes together as well. I waited for Natsuki to get out of my shower and then I got in.

I brushed my hair, brushed my teeth, and everything else. I walked out into my living room to see Natsuki fiddling with her tie.

"Damn it..." Natsuki said in a soft but annoyed voice.

"Do you need help?" I asked.

Natsuki remained silent so I walked over to her. I began tying her tie for her.

"Normally I'd have Monika do this for me..." she said.

"It's fine, I got it." I said.

I finished tying her tie and patted her head. She gave me a pouty face and I smiled at her.

"Shall we get going?" I said.

"Let's get to work." Natsuki said.

-----------------------------------------------------------