Chapter Twenty-One: I Miss You So

I got up and started putting my clothes back on while Monika sat in her chair.

"Let's...do...that...more often..." Monika said between breaths.

"And you guys call me the pervert?" I said jokingly.

"I can see why you are now...that was amazing..." Monika said.

"You know if we take too long the girls will start to get worried right?" I said.

"Yeah whatever..." Monika said disappointed.

I handed Monika her clothes and she got dressed. Me and her walked out to my SUV and drove home.

We walked through the door with the bags of money. We put them in Monika's room and we walked back downstairs to see that Sayori, Natsuki, and Yuri were all on the couch in their pajamas.

"W-where did you guys go?" Sayori asked.

"Just had to pick up some things from the warehouse, sorry we took so long." Monika said.

Me and Monika joined the girls on the couch.

"Why are you guys still up?" I asked.

"It started raining and thundering so I couldn't get to sleep...and then we noticed that you weren't here and we got worried." Natsuki said.

"We get concerned when you're gone." Sayori said.

"It gets lonely here when you're not around." Yuri said.

"Well I'm not going anywhere, I'm here now, so don't worry." I said.

All of the girls smiled at me.

"Why don't we all spend the night on the couch and watch a movie?" Sayori suggested.

"Yeah I could go for a movie." I said.

Sayori put in a movie about an archeologist that steals some ark and then gets chased by some Nazis. I think it was called Kentucky Jones or something.

Everyone huddled around me as we watched the movie. Soon the movie ended and all of the girls fell asleep. I was in the middle of 4 beautiful girls all laying around me.

I closed my eyes and began to fall asleep.

I started having one of those dreams like always.

I was standing in a hallway that seemed oddly familiar.

"Holy shit this is...this is the school hallway." I said to myself. I ran to a nearby classroom that I knew all too well.

I opened the door and saw something horrible.

"It's you..." I said.

I walked in and saw Yuri's bloody corpse on the ground with an unrecognizable person crouching next to her, just staring at her.

I approached the man and he looked up at me.

"It's a shame isn't it..." He said.

"Who are you...what are you?" I asked.

"I'm the main character...I never really had a name. I wish I could've changed things..." He said.

"Why are you just staring at her corpse...?" I asked.

"Because I have no choice...we all don't have a choice. Not even Monika." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The third eye...its the reason that all this happened." He said.

"You know what's going on?"

"Yes...I remember everything. I've seen Yuri die countless times, Sayori hanging countless times....but I know what you did. You gave them a chance and I thank you for that." He said.

"What do you mean Monika is effected by the third eye." I asked.

"It possessed her...it spread through the words in her poems. When you would read the words, it opened the door for the third eye to enter your soul." He said.

"But what started it? Can I destroy the original source?"

"The Book...that's the source...you're the only one who can stop this...I'm infected. I don't want to go back to Monika..." He said. "C-can you..?" He said while pointing to the gun in my jacket.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"I'm positive...just tell Sayori one thing for me, will ya?" He said.

"Anything."

"Tell her that I'm sorry...I would've told her anything if I could, but the third eye wouldn't let me." He said.

He sat down next to Yuri and leaned his head up against the desk.

"Goodbye Spencer, do what I couldn't..." He said. I raised my gun at him and closed my eyes, squeezing the trigger.

I heard a bang and woke up from my dream.

I looked around to see that all of the girls were gone. I looked at my watch and it showed that it was almost noon.

I went upstairs into Yuri's room. I slowly shook her awake. She looked up at me with her pretty amethyst eyes.

"Good morning." She said smiling.

"Good morning." I said back. "Where is everyone?" I asked.

"Probably in their rooms, however I was the only one that went into my bedroom last night." Yuri said.

Yuri got up and went downstairs while I went into Sayori's room. I slowly opened the door to see an empty bed.

I went into Natsuki's room and noticed that her bed was empty too.

I checked mine and Monika's rooms as well to see that they were also empty.

"Sayori? Monika? Natsuki?" I called out.

I walked downstairs to see Yuri holding a note in her hand, on the verge of tears.

"Yuri are you okay?" I asked.

Yuri turned to me and handed me the note. I started scanning the note and read it.

"Hello Spencer. You missed me didn't you? Such a shame how you couldn't mind your own business. You took my people so now I have to take yours. If it's any consolation, they'll be put to good use. I have plans for them. If you want them back then I want you, and only you. You have 48 hours to make a decision. Good luck. -Cosgrove"

I froze up and the note fell out of my hands. Tears formed at the bases of my eyes.

"What...what have I done?" I said to myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------