Chapter Fourteen: Traitor

Me and Yuri got into my SUV and made our way to Monika's warehouse. On the way I started conversation.

"So why did you think someone that wasn't me, was me?" I asked.

"Sayori was the one who thought it was you... the person knew a lot about you so he had some information to back it up." Yuri said.

"His tattoo was different though..." she added.

"What do you mean different?" I asked.

"It wasn't a spade... it was a club." Yuri added.

Holy shit... I only know one man that has the ace of clubs tattoo. The greatest traitor in the NWG history. Cosgrove...

"What?" Yuri said.

"Oh um sorry... I was just thinking." I said.

"You got a serious expression on your face all of the sudden." Yuri said.

"I was just thinking."

Me and Yuri walked in together and she seemed embarrassed as she walked next to me. She still had her sleeves pulled down that way I wouldn't see her tattoos. I decided to ask her about them.

"So um, what's with the tattoos?" I asked.

Yuri looked at her arms and then began to talk.

"I used them to... cover up some things." she said shyly. "I also like roses..."

"I think they look good. They let you express yourself. They look pretty." I said, trying to comfort Yuri.

"Th-Thank you..." she said.

"No problem." I said.

We walked into Monika's office to see she was passed out on her desk. It was almost funny to see her like this, as she was normally straight faced with a serious attitude.

"She starting drinking again..." Yuri said disappointed.

"Yeah I heard..." I said.

"She has a stressful job..." Yuri said.

"Yeah it takes a lot to be a leader. I've been leading the NWG for years and it takes all the life out of me." I said.

We set the blood diamonds on Monika's table and walked out.

Me and Yuri stood outside the complex and I pulled out a cigarette. I lit it and Yuri watched me as I took a puff of it.

"Well I guess this is where we part ways for today, I got some stuff I need to handle." I said.

"Oh uhm... okay. Do you think that you could come by my place later?" Yuri asked shyly.

"Oh um yeah. What for?" I asked.

"I just wanted to make you dinner... as an apology for everything" she said.

"I'd be honored to. I'll be there around 6." I said.

Yuri celebrated on the inside but maintained a serious look. She handed me a paper with an address on it.

"Well I'll see you later Yuri." I said.

"Oh okay... goodbye." Yuri said.

An awkward silence came over me and Yuri for a second until Yuri started moving towards me. She wrapped her arms around me pulling me in for a hug.

"I missed you... so much." Yuri whispered.

"I know... I missed you too." I said.

Yuri let go and then shyly walked back into the building. I threw my cigarette on the ground and stepped on it.