Chapter Twenty-Three: Look What Hell Made!

"The Normal Human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking that this is his last day on Earth. For me however, I think of it as a freedom, knowing that no matter what choice you make that day doesn't matter. You're free."

Those words rung through my head as I woke up. I looked over at Yuri who was sleeping next to me. I felt weird today.

I felt the same way that I did when I woke up next to Yuri in that hotel. That day was the day that...my dream...ended.

However I know this time it isn't a dream. I can feel pain here...and more importantly...

I can die here.

I sat up on my bed until I heard a knock on my door. The sound woke up Yuri who was sleeping next to me.

"It's David...I'll be right back." I said.

I got our of bed and grabbed an important object off of my table. I set the object on my hand and went to the door.

"Hello Spencer, today is the day." David said.

"It sure is." I said sarcastically.

David reached into his pocket and handed me a cell phone.

"I want you to call me off of this and tell me when it's done. This will be the last time me and you will ever meet, so I wish you the best of luck."

"Okay David, I would say 'Until next time.' but since I never want to see you again, I will say 'Goodbye.' so goodbye David." I said while reaching my hand out.

David hesitantly shook my hand. I smiled at him as he walked off.

"Dumbass..." I said to myself while chuckling.

I went back upstairs into my room to see Yuri already getting ready.

I went over to my dresser and tucked two Berettas in my holsters in my suit.

Yuri wore a suit as well, however she held a small P226 Pistol.

"You look nice Yuri." I said.

"Oh...thank you." She said embarrassed.

I smiled at her and me and her interlaced arms while we walked out to my car.

Like always I drove to the NWG warehouse and parked in the garage.

Vinnie was standing in front of various amounts of NWG agents giving them orders about today's Operation.

"The choppers will take the lead and provide Ariel support while we approach in cars. The bastards house is infested with TFS so they'll have some pretty powerful counter measures." He said while giving his lecture.

Soon Vinnie finished and he walked over to me and Yuri.

"Well you two look nice." He said.

"Yeah, we're about to walk through hell today aren't we?" I said.

"That would be a light way of putting it...me, you, Khalil, and your girlfriend there are gonna take the Royce." Vinnie said while pointing at the car.

"Yeah, we might want to get going." I said.

"How did you figure out where Cosgrove was anyway?" Vince asked.

"A contact...let's just leave him at that." I said.

Khalil hopped in the driver seat and Vince sat in the passenger seat. Me and Yuri sat in the back.

Yuri looked like she was about to pass out.

"Yuri are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah...just a little tired." She said.

"You can sleep if you want." I said.

Yuri leaned to the side and rested her head on my shoulder. Her breathing soon slowed and she fell asleep on my shoulder.

Vincent drove the car up a small hill until we saw a huge house in the distance. Two helicopters circled around the house and began opening fire on it.

You could hear the humming of the miniguns on the chopper.

"Pretty glad that they're on our side." Khalil said while letting out a small laugh.

Suddenly a missle flew through the air. It hit one of the helicopters and it exploded with a huge boom.

Yuri jerked awake when she heard that.

"Holy shit..." Vinnie said. He slammed on the gas towards the house and stopped the car behind a brick wall. We all got out and took cover behind it.

"Jesus...what was that?" Vincent said.

"Looked like a SAM turret. I guess this is TFS headquarters." I said.

I looked over the wall and saw a small opening where only a few guys were.

"Khalil, Vince, stay here with Yuri. I'm going in for Cosgrove." I said.

"S-Stay safe!" Yuri said.

I ran out from my cover and started running through the opening with my two Berettas. I saw a couple guys so I shot them down as I ran passed.

I made my way into the building and heard two TFS members walk past. I shot both of them and they fell to the ground.

I picked up one of their radios and listened to it.

"We moved Cosgrove to the top of the building! You guys need to clear out that other NWG chopper so we can take off." Someone said on the radio.

"Shit...they're trying to evacuate Cosgrove..." I said to myself.

I hurried to a set of stairs that led up to the roof of the building. I busted open the door and saw that there was a small helicopter getting ready for take off.

I saw a man operating a SAM turret to the left.

I ran over to him and shot him the head. I turned off the SAM turret and looked over at Cosgrove's helicopter.

It began to lift off of the ground. I unloaded my pistols on the cockpit and I saw blood splatter on the glass.

The helicopter fell back on the roof and the side door of the helicopter opened.

Time went slow as the door opened, revealing the face of the mad man I once knew.

"Hello Spencer." Cosgrove said.

-----------------------------------------------------------