Chapter 3 - The Message

Emily's POV:

I was putting my books in my locker when Katie literally ran into me, pushing us both up against the locker. "What the hell...Katie are you ok?" She just stared at me and I waited for her to catch her breath. "Is it your parents again? Katie what is it?"

"No, he messaged me." She said between breaths.

"Wait, what? Who?"

"Him." She shoved her phone in my face and I read the message from Louis Tomlinson. "Oh hell no!"

"Yes!"

"Oh my God." I laughed and took the phone from her and read it again and again until it sank in. "I can't believe he actually wrote you back!"

"I know!" Katie opened her locker which was 3 spots down from mine and quite literally threw her books inside. "You should message him too." She smiled at me.

"Nah, he's your and Angel's boy. I'm not a man stealer." I looked at her and closed my locker. "But maybe you could put in a good word for me with Niall?" I grinned at her.

"Of course, silly."

"So what are you going to write him this time?"

"Ugh." She banged her head against the locker as if she didn't think I'd ask that. "I don't know..."

"Well let's talk about it after school. We have to come up with something different."

"This is silly I mean, he has a girlfriend he's not gonna talk to me."

"He's allowed to have friends that are girls just because he has a girlfriend you know." I crossed my arms and looked at her seirously.

"That's true..." She looked the other way and just as she opened her mouth to speak again a figure slipped between her and I.

"Hi girls." He said, looking at each of us.

"Hi, Danny." Katie said, kind of annoyed at him for interupting us. This was Danny, he was a geek who spent his entire life in school as a nerd. We were the only ones that had anything to do with him the past few years. Last year he tried out for the football team and discovered he was actually good at it. Now that he was popular we thought he would forget about us but he didn't. He also didn't usually stop us from being bullied though...

"Hey what are you doing talking to them?" Speak of the devil... That was Tia, she's the head of the cheerleaders and has probably slept with every guy on the team...

"I just thought I'd say hi." Danny glared at Tia as she walked over to us. And people wonder why Katie and I don't like school.

"Don't forget your place, Danny. You're not one of these nerds anymore." She grinned sarcastically at me and Katie.

"You know we can hear you right?" Katie grinned back at her. "I'd rather be smart than be popular. We're in school to learn not judge the rich kids from the poor kids."

Tia didn't have a come back for that so she just pushed Katie agianst her locker. "Hey come on, knock it off." I pushed Tia back and a few other kids started gathering around to watch us.

Tia turned around and talked to her audience. "Did you see that? She pushed me!"

Everyone got very quiet suddenly as another figure slid between us and Tia yet again. It was Angel, Katie's sister. I don't know what on earth she was doing here at our school but she certainly fit her name. She was actually like our angel. She was always cutting in when we least expected her but needed her most. Although she already graduated and was in college so what was she doing here?