Chapter 11 - College Rescue

(A/N) This is probably going to be the most interesting and dramatic chapter I've written in awhile so enjoy my dears. C:

DRAMA AND ACTION ARE AHEAD.

Angel's POV:

I felt a sharp pain in my back that caused me to wake up. I couldn't remember the last thing that happened. Where was I? How did I get here?

*last night*

"I'm going home." My roommate Bethany said as she sloppily piled clothes into her suitcase. "I don't care if they haven't issued an official evacuation notice yet. I don't want to be here when the hurricane arrives. I'm going back home."

"Are you sure it's safe to leave? I think it's already starting to rain." I said, peering through the curtains on the window.

"It's not supposed to be here yet? Must be a random shower." She ignored me and headed towards the door.

"Beth, please don't leave. It's not safe. It's too late now." I stood up and tried to stop her but she refused.

"Stay safe Ange. I'll call you when I get home." She said and walked out the door. There was no way she was going to back it back to her family in time. They lived hours away. I couldn't stop her though, her mind was made up.

"Angel!" My dorm neighbor, Natalie, who lived right across the hall from my room came running in just before I closed the door.

"What are you doing?" I laughed a little at her as she gasped for air. "Calm down, what's going on?" My face turned serious as I realized something seemed wrong about this.

"The hurricane is coming tonight! They were wrong!" She said quickly. "I'm gonna go tell the principal. They haven't made any preparations for it yet because it wasn't supposed to be here until Sunday." Natalie turned around and made a sprint towards the doorway.

"Ok hurry! Go and...oh my gosh!" I shouted.

"What?" Natalie turned around and looked at me.

"Bethany! She's leaving because she doesn't think it's coming until Sunday. We have to stop her!" I ran past Natalie and we went out separate ways. She headed towards the principal's room and I ran to find Bethany. I arrived got outside in the parking lot, it was already pouring rain and the winds were really picking up. "Bethany? Where are you?!" I yelled in every direction. I couldn't see her anywhere but the visibility was minimal with all this rain and wind. Not to mention it was already dark out and there were few security lights in the parking lot. "Bethany, please can you hear me?!" Just as I said that all the lights in the parking lot went out. Everything grew dark and I panicked.

"Angel!" I heard a voice shout back to me. It sounded like Bethany's voice.

"Beth! I can't see you but we have to get inside! The storm is coming now!"

"You think?" She laughed at me. This was no time to laugh but Beth wasn't a very serious person. She made most serious situations lighter. I felt her hand on my shoulder and she guided me into the building. As we closed the doors I heard what sounded like something huge blowing past us in the wind. It hit something and I heard glass breaking.

"What was that?" I said uneasily.

"I don't know. It sounded like it was outside so..." Before she could finish her sentence the glass doors in front of us broke open and what looked like a tree was lying in front of us on the carpeted floor. "Run!" She shouted and we ran up the stairs to our room. I jiggled the handle, my hands shaking and unable to do it any faster. We eventually got inside and, just as we did, I heard a loud creaking sound above me and everything went black.