Chapter 23 - Funeral

Louis' POV:

"Jesus, Harry...I swear if you wear that to the funeral..." Liam sighed and shook his head as Harry walked out of the bedroom in full scout gear.

"I'm not wearing this, I'm just trying it on for size." Harry spun around and modeled his costume.

"You know Halloween is a long ways away?" Niall laughed.

"I know, there's an anime convention next week I'm preparing for." Harry said. "I'll be right back, I'm going to change."

"Into what? A titan?" Liam laughed.

Harry turned around and glared at Liam before heading back to his room. "No, genius, only Eren can turn into a titan. God, get your shit together before making such an accusation, Liam." Harry slammed the door.

Sophia walked in the room and greeted Liam with a kiss before looking at me. I was standing behind the counter stirring a cup of tea. "How are you, Lou?"

"I'm as fine as I can be I guess." I faked a smile. Katie and I had so much fun last night. She was really amazing at making me forget my worries. I had completely forgotten the funeral was today which part of me felt bad for. I shouldn't be happy when Eleanor is dead. My brain wouldn't allow me to get too depressed while Katie was here. I somehow couldn't let her see me like that again.

"You're holding up really well, Louis." Sophia went on. "I know it's hard but you're handling it so well. We're all proud of you."

"Zayn is already in the car." Perrie walked in from outside. "How are you, Louis?" She looked at me. I really didn't want everyone checking my emotional status every 15 seconds.

"I'm fine, Perrie." I faked a smile again. Really getting annoyed with everyone fussing over me.

Niall opened his bedroom door and walked into the kitchen area beside me. "God, I'm starving." He said without looking at anyone else and opening the container his cake was in. Niall Horan is the only person that has cake for breakfast. Which is exactly what Katie and I had bargined on.

"I'll have a slice of that too, Niall." Liam said. I looked over at Perrie who rolled her eyes and looked away. She remembered last night.

Katie walked out of her room wearing a black and blue colored dress. "Katie, come here." I called her over to me and she stood beside me. I put my arm around her shoulders and watched Niall and Liam argue over cake. It wasn't long before Katie remembered what we did last night and a grin swept across her face.

"That is not an even sized piece Niall! Look ar yours! It's huge! Mine is like a sliver!" Liam gestured at the cake.

"Fine! You can have this one!" Niall cut a bigger slice and plated it for Liam. "Happy?"

"Thank you, Niall, that's better."

They both took a bite and Sophia suddenly took notice of me and Katie's evil grins. "Wait, why are you two grinning?" She asked us. Before we could answer, Niall and Liam choked simultaneously and raced past us looking for water. Katie and I couldn't control ourselves from laughing. She buried her face in my chest as she laughed and I held her and laughed along with her.

As soon as Liam and Niall recovered, Liam glared and pointed at us. "You!" He marched over to us. Katie looked up at him from my chest as he got right in our faces. "This is not over, Tommo."

"How could you do that to such a beautiful cake, Louis?" Niall said quietly and looked genuinely heartbroken. I almost felt sorry for him but...nah.

"You are a bad influence on that poor girl, Louis." Perrie pointed at Katie. "Getting her involved in your shenanigans, just terrible." She continued speaking as she threw the remainder of the cake in the trash for Niall.