Chapter 5 - Breaking The Ice

Katie's POV:

The next day my house, or rather my bedroom, honestly looked like the aftermath of a college fratiernity party. There was junk, mostly empty bags of chips, boxes of pizza and cups scattered all over the floor. Things were tipped over. Clothes were thrown in piles everywhere. When did we ransack my closet? I don't even remember that. I swear I have a hangover from Frosted Flakes and Pepsi though. It's possible to have a sugar hangover. It really is.

It was Saturday and the girls really wanted to go to the mall as soon as they got up. I really just wanted to lay in bed and try to feel less sick so Angel took Sasha and Emily and I stayed at home. I turned on the tv and tried to remember what happened last night when I fell asleep. Truth or dare...my dog threw up sausage pizza on my rug... my mom made us stop jumping on the bed because the ceiling below was creaking... we played Just Dance for hours... Sasha ate food we didn't even know we still had in the back of the cupboards and fridge and...

Louis!

How did I forget about Louis?!

I got out of bed, suddenly feeling less sick and tired to find my phone. Where would I have left it? I looked in drawers, I looked under pizza boxes, I looked under the bed, then suddenly I found it in the trash. How it got there I didn't know and didn't care. It was dead so I plugged in it to the outlet behind my bed, crawled back into bed, and powered it on. I looked at Louis' DM and apparently I had responded. I don't even remember doing that. Wait...

"Me: Zzzzzzzz?>zzz zz z ;zzzz z"

How weird did we get last night that I would have replied that?

Wait, I remember now. When we were jumping around singing karaoke Angel had accidentally sat on it and set it on the dresser. I bet it fell off and slid into the trash. This definitely looks like butt typing.

"Sorry about that previous message. My sister got ahold of my phone last night."

I sighed and put my phone in my pocket. I felt embarassed and just dropped my head into my hands. Before I could beat myself up about letting that happen my phone buzzed.

"Louis_Tomlinson: Haha that's ok. I have sisters too I know how it is !"

Oh God.

"Me: Yes but she's older than me lol"

I almost had a heartattack at what he said next.

"Louis_Tomlinson: How old are you ?"

"Me: Going to be 18 in just a few months."

He didn't say anything else. He was probably busy. They had only just started their tour after all. I couldn't stop smiling at how he just laughed off that incident and carried on. I wasn't going to get over the fact that Louis Tomlinson is actually talking to me anytime soon.

Niall's POV:

"Louis? Louis? Come on!" I tapped on Louis's shoulder until he put his phone away. He's just been standing there grinning like an idiot at his phone for 5 minutes. We're about to go on stage, he usually doesn't do this while we're walking to the stage it's ridiculous. I know he's really gotten into messaging fans lately but with the way he's been grinning I'd almost think he was looking at porn.

"I'm ready." He smiled at me and put his phone away. The load intro music started playing and we had to shout in order to hear each other.

"What have you been doing?" I picked up my microphone and handed Louis his.

"I told you a million times. I'm answering some fan messages."

"Yeah but how long are you going to do that?" I said as I put in my ear buds and Louis put in his. "I mean, I think the pie fight follow spree is over now. We don't have to keep talking to fans anymore. We won't have to do another follow spree for a couple months."

"It's not about the follow spree, I kind of enjoy responding to fan messages."

"Since when?"

"Since now!" Louis grinned at me and then ran onto the stage and yelled "Good evening London!" I rolled my eyes at him, put on my guitar, and followed the other boys out.

Katie's POV:

Monday morning came around fast. I was recovered from my sugar hangover finally and I got dressed. It was Spring Break this week and I was all alone. My mom went to a convention at church and wouldn't be back until tomorrow. My dad would be at work all day and Emily was going camping for 3 day with an old friend. Angel went back to her dorm on campus and wouldn't be back again until next weekend. Sasha went into town to find work until the Guard called her back into duty. Looks like I'll be all alone for awhile. I checked my phone that was lying under my pillow. Ever since Louis started messaging me I kept it there. Silly, I know. I live a dull life, this is the most exciting thing to ever happen to me honestly.

There was a message form Louis at 4am. Those damn timezones. Let's see, what time was that in England...

"Louis_Tomlinson: Sorry for not responding for so long, we had 2 shows in London"

I typed back:

"Me: Don't apologize I understand. :) "

Louis carried on with the subject we last discussed.

"Louis_Tomlinson: So how old is your sister?"

"Me: She's almost 20."

"Louis_Tomlinson: Haha she typed that ?!"

"Me: Yes but it was an accident, we were having a party and she sat on my phone!

"Louis_Tomlinson: Funny I don't really picture you as the partying type."

"Me: I'm not. At all. I'm practically the most boring person ever. Everyone I know says that."

"Me: Our party was for an old friend that came home."

"Louis_Tomlinson: Ah I see."

"Louis_Tomlinson: For the record, I don't think you're boring."

"Me: But you don't really know me?"

I immediately regretted saying that. The last thing I wanted was for Louis to feel sorry for me. I was about to type something to change the subject but he had already replied.

"Louis_Tomlinson: Everyone is interesting in their own way love. Don't listen to anyone else."

"Me: Thanks, that's very sweet of you."

A few minutes passed and neither of us spoke after that. I wasn't freaking out so badly after our little chats anymore. He felt more like my friend than a celebrity now. But I felt awkward having him feel like he had to compliment me. I bet everyone did that. The last thing I wanted was to be like everyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if he never wanted to talk to me again after that.

I was about to put my phone away when it buzzed.

"Louis_Tomlinson: So what part of America do you live in?"