Chapter 32 - Happier Days

(A/N) UM, THIS STORY IS ALMOST OVER YOU GUYS.

ONE MORE CHAPTER.

BUT DO NOT BE AFRAID BECAUSE I HAVE MANY PLANS WHICH I'LL DISCUSS IN THE AUTHOR NOTES AT THE END OF THE STORY.

THIS CHAPTER IS FOR MY LIL NESSA CUZ IT'S HER BIRTHDAY SO BE A PEACH AND LEAVE SOME NICE REVIEWS ON HER STORIES.

Louis's POV:

I didn't sleep at all last night. How could I after trying to save Katie's life? After she fell asleep, I stayed on the phone for 2 hours, just listening to her breathing. Then I remembered. When I was depressed she came to London. I have to go see her. It's not enough to send her a ticket and hope she comes back. I need to convince her in person. I was stupid to think otherwise.

So I booked a private jet that promised to get me to California in half the time as a normal flight. The time change was huge but it wasn't anything I haven't done before.

I rented a car, against everyone's suggestions. They thought I wouldn't be able to drive on the opposite side of the road but I've done it before last time we were on tour here.

Somehow, no one seemed to notice me. I couldn't believe it.

Oh and the other boys are the only ones that know I'm here. They told our security I was still in my room while I sneaked out.

I finally made it to Katie's house and walked up to the door. I didn't have to double think what I was doing. I was determined to find her.

Just as I was about to knock on the door, the sound of a very sad woman crying caught my attention. It was coming from inside. I peered through the window and I could vaguely see the shape of a woman sitting on the floor in the kitchen. It wasn't Katie though. Could I have the wrong house number?

Suddenly I realized that someone left the door unlocked so...

I just walked in.

"Hello?" I called out as I quietly closed the door behind me. I walked straight to the kitchen and saw the woman sitting on the floor. I immediately assumed it was Katie's mom. They looked a bit alike.

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you come in." She tried to wipe her tears away but they continued to roll down her face. "Are you one of Katie's friends?" She asked me and I nodded. "I'm sorry but she's not here."

"Where is she?"

"I have no idea." She began to cry again as soon as she finished that sentence.

I kneeled down beside her. "Why are you crying?" I asked.

"Because I'm a horrible mother." Her arms were shaking and I wrapped an arm around her shoulders for support.

"I'm sure you're not a horrible mother. You're only human, everyone makes mistakes." I suddenly wondered how much she knew about Katie's situation last night. And where the hell is she anyway?

"I said a lot of things I didn't mean. All because I was selfishly afraid of letting her go. If I let her go, she won't come back. I'm just not ready for that." I came here and see if she'll leave her family and come with me...that makes everything a bit awkward now...

"You have to let her go. She needs to experience new things."

"I know..."

"I know Katie, she'll come back to you. She wouldn't leave you forever. You have to trust her."

She nodded and I grabbed a box of tissues from off the counter behind her. She pulled some out and dried the tears on her face. "Thank you." She said and I smiled at her. "I don't know if she'll forgive me. God, I've got to start treating her like an adult. Why is this so hard." I'm pretty sure she was talking to herself at this point. "What's your name?" She looked over at me. I was sort of afraid to say my name because I didn't know how much she knew about me.