Chapter 22 - Ghosts and Pranks

Katie's POV:

God, it was cold in England this time of year. I hadn't expected it to be this cold for some reason. Angel drove me to the airport and wished me luck on my 11 hour flight. It was the first time I ever flew first class. I must say, it was amazing. Niall really wasn't cheap at all. He definitely had his own desires in mind when he booked my ticket. They fed me 3 full meals and a cheesecake on the flight. It was better than I eat at home. It wasn't the worst flight I'd ever been on. The last time I flew, there was a 6 year old boy behind me kicking my seat. Most people on this flight were high class business men and women that kept to themselves and typed away on their laptops.

As soon as I got off the plane, these two men surrounded me. One I didn't recognize but the other was Paul.

"Nice seeing you again, Katie." He said with a smile and took my bag from me. His eyes were kind but at the same time full of sadness. I know Eleanor's death must have taken a toll on everyone.

"You too, Mr. Higgins." I smiled back at him.

"Call me Paul." He guided me outside and the other man with him looked around for any paparazzi. There wasn't any to be found.

"Here you go." He opened the door of a long black SUV parked directly in front of the airport entrance. "Welcome to England, Katie."

"Thanks." I smiled and crawled inside. I quickly realized I wasn't alone. Niall and Zayn were in the car with me.

"Hey." Niall said.

"I didn't expect you guys to be here." I laughed and Niall and Zayn leaned over and hugged me.

"If you don't mind, we'd like to take you over to Louis' place right away." Zayn said. I squinted and nodded slowly. It seemed odd to head over there so soon. I didn't even knoww here I was staying yet.

"We uh, we tried going over there earlier but he wouldn't answer the door. Maybe he will for you?" Niall said.

"God, I hope so." They looked so worried, I couldn't stand to see them like that. I looked out the window at the cloudly sky. "Is it always like this here?" I asked, hoping to distract them from the matter at hand.

"All the time." Niall laughed at the two carried on for what seemed like ages about the weather and various character traits of England in general.

It wasn't long before we arrived at a huge house. More like a mansion really. I'd seen bigger houses in California actually but it was definitely pricey. I feel like that fit Louis' personality pretty well; classy but still practical.

I opened the door and stepped out of the SUV.

"Good luck." Zayn said.

"If you need anything let us know."

Paul leaned back behind the seat and looked at me. "And uh, can you not take too long we have to hit the recording studio in just an hour."

I looked at the house and looked back. "You guys can just leave me here. Go ahead without me."

"Are you sure?" Niall asked.

I nodded. "This is going to take more than an hour."

"Alright then, wait hand me your phone." Niall said. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and literally tossed it to him. He looked at it and typed something in it before tossing it back to me. "There, now you can call us if you need anything." Niall Horan just put his number in my phone. That's wonderful. I should be happier about this but I couldn't seem to think about anyone other than Louis.

I slammed the door of the SUV and Paul quickly drove off. I dragged my bag down the sidewalk to the front door and banged on it with my fist. "Louis? It's me, Katie. I know you're in there." I sighed. I felt like Anna and he was Elsa. "I know you're in pain and you just want to shut everyone out but...everyone is so worried. Louis, I flew all the way from America to see you. Please let me in." A loud rumble of thunder caught my attention and I looked up at the clouds. It started to pour just seconds after that. There was no eave to hide under so I just stood there shamelessly getting soaked in the rain. "So you're going to let me get soaked in the rain then, are you?" I shouted. "Some gentlemen you are." I mumbled and leaned against the side of the building. "I don't care. I'm not leaving." I stated and just stood there.