Chapter 3 ~ The bus ride...

Cai POV:

 We climbed onto the bus, In front of 3 very old ladies. The way they we whispering and kept glancing at us made chills run down my spine, and i'm pretty sure my twin noticed too. We sat as far as possible from them, on the left aisle opposite a boy that looked creepily like us. well, like me ( My twin has blonde hair. Duh!) , and a girl with blonde hair. The ladies sat right at the front, muttering to each other distractedly. They kept glancing at us and that boy. Out of the corner of my eye, i saw two of the women cross their legs across the pathway, in a very clear gesture - Nobody leaves. I saw the girl and boy begin to panic, as if something bad would happen, The girl, Blondie, passed the look-a-like a Yankee's cap. He put it on, and he literally disappeared!!! I blinked several times, just to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. The old women stood and prowled down the- prowled??-   aisle, until one caught my eye and exploded. it exploded, and out came something I had only seen in books.What was it again? Um... Fur... Fury? Thats it! It was a fury. it launched at me, while another grabbed my sister before we had time to react. The bus had cleared by now. I vaguely wondered if they knew what was going on. It grabbed my throat and held me, one arm holding my arms behind my back, and the other gripping my neck in a painful way. " now you can watch your sister die before your very eyes!" it hissed menacingly in my ear. I closed my eyes, waiting for death to take me as his own, or for my soul go to the pits of Hell. Don't judge! I can be a good girl, but ony if i want  to. Unaware of my surroundings, the sudden screech in my ear made me jump and cause me eyes to snap open. " Stop Alecto! They bare the mark of our lord! Look at her arm, and this ones back!" She let go of me, causing me to collapse and rub my neck cautiously. I turned my head to see a  bright red glow coming from the bottom of my back, where m markings are. My 'markings' are of a trident, a bone and lightening bolt. I was born with them, and i find them very peculiar. They aren't birthmarks, they are too perfect. They look like tattoo's, with a black outline. I glanced at my twin, who was looking upon her mark with a look of curiosity mixed with confusion. With a flap of wings and a broken window, the furies had gone back to the Underworld.